• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Possible distribution problems.

E

..::ERIC::..

Just checked on incoming stock at work today (Dick Smith NZ) and was pretty disapointed with what I saw. The first "batch" of rugby 2005 games have been delayed till March 28th. I assume this is only for DSE as others are still saying 17th/18th. However, even when there is the delivery there is only 2200 PS2 copies coming in nation wide for Dick Smith, meaning around only 38 copies per store on average. This may seem a lot but I can tell you that all the Auckland and Wellington stores get pretty much all the stock on most items meaning smaller stores (ie us) will be looking at around 10 - 15. Pretty poor considering we got 30 copies of GT4 this week.

i might not get this, but do PS2 games in america not work in other countries? because i guess you could have someone in america send you a copy if that was not the case

unless you have a modded ps2 won't be able to play it as USA is ntsc and NZ is pal. Thats interestintg a delay I think in a thread someone mentioned the 28th as a date given for release from a store. I would imagine most stores would be affected by this delay and could possibly mean first batches are limited. Wonder how many will buy from the uk and overseas as should get the game at least a week earlier now

i think that is only for the online stores or stores outside of major citys,
and dont quote me but no i dont think you can play american games on non american consoles. there are 3 styles of ps2, american, asian, european, to stop pirating. but yeah dont quote me...

...and off topic, but ninja, out of all the sigs ive seen in my life, yours is by far the best, everytime i see it, im like, f*** thats a cool sig... what match was it at?

Originally posted by sambad5@Mar 12 2005, 05:18 PM
...and off topic, but ninja, out of all the sigs ive seen in my life, yours is by far the best, everytime i see it, im like, f*** thats a cool sig... what match was it at?
<
<

I'd say every Irish international
<

But you never hear about it due to their ninja stealth training. Taken by one of TRF members......also an ex-pirate but gave up otherwise we would all have bootlegged copies of R2005 by now
<

well, you know how it goes...
<

btw, i found the pic from typing in "funny rugby pictures" to google images... everybody needs inspiration for a sig every once and a while

i just preordered mine
<
...i get it on thursday...WITH A RUGBY BALL!!!!!
<

<

Oh....is that us bro?

I am set on an XBox copy. but I heard they won't be around for a while (stupid stupid silly stupid silly)

Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Mar 12 2005, 05:03 PM
Just checked on incoming stock at work today (Dick Smith NZ) and was pretty disapointed with what I saw. The first "batch" of rugby 2005 games have been delayed till March 28th. I assume this is only for DSE as others are still saying 17th/18th. However, even when there is the delivery there is only 2200 PS2 copies coming in nation wide for Dick Smith, meaning around only 38 copies per store on average. This may seem a lot but I can tell you that all the Auckland and Wellington stores get pretty much all the stock on most items meaning smaller stores (ie us) will be looking at around 10 - 15. Pretty poor considering we got 30 copies of GT4 this week.
dick smith are always the last to get games in new zealand

They really do suck

Originally posted by ninjapirate@Mar 12 2005, 05:08 PM
i might not get this, but do PS2 games in america not work in other countries? because i guess you could have someone in america send you a copy if that was not the case
why on earth would he do that ?

Its only dick smiths..

u could buy it from gameplanet.. gamesman.. central park.. etc etc etc etc

Originally posted by MoxPearl+Mar 13 2005, 12:42 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MoxPearl @ Mar 13 2005, 12:42 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-..::ERIC::..
@Mar 12 2005, 05:03 PM
dick smith are always the last to get games in new zealand

They really do suck [/b]
Not really, its just we actually keep to the release date while other placers will let it out on the shop floor the moment they get it.

Haha. I do recall getting Rugby League two days before release from DSE... Not saying that's a bad thing, but your comment isn't entirely true.

DSE have had the 28th of March down the bottom for yonks. I wouldn't be surprised if they release Rugby 2005 on the 17th. Eric knows more than I do, but that's my thought.

Anyway, I ordered from GPStore. Still looks like the 17th. Couldn't see it slipping now, unless the warehouse that stores them burns down or some other freak disaster.

Said it before, I'll say it again....from the standpoint of an objective observer it is a just plain ridiculous that NZ receives the game last...EA Sports must be held accountable for this. B.t.w., I live in Brazil and I will get my copy on the 15th, sent from the U.S. Having the game in Brazil before NZ should shame EA....shame, shame, shame!!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
...and off topic, but ninja, out of all the sigs ive seen in my life, yours is by far the best, everytime i see it, im like, f*** thats a cool sig... what match was it at?[/b]
it from wales vs argentina at the 1999 world cup at the millenium stadium.

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Mar 12 2005, 10:59 PM
Oh....is that us bro?

I am set on an XBox copy. but I heard they won't be around for a while (stupid stupid silly stupid silly)
yup..yup
<

i thought u didnt hav xbox.....ohwell lets getit on
<

the guy at dicksmith told me to pick it up on thursday!!!

yo gay-guy whatdoya mean it wont be out for a while???

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Mar 13 2005, 03:26 PM
the guy at dicksmith told me to pick it up on thursday!!!

yo gay-guy whatdoya mean it wont be out for a while???
Wow....you mean you will be picking up an XBOX version!!!! Eric reckoned there was no sign of XBox versions in the country at the moment for DSE.

I have XBox's at my disposal from my mate (who has not played it for 6 months cos his kids were always fighting and not doing their chores....I kid you not. He is always asking for me to take it.)

Good to see that you ordered an XBox version and not that rip off PS2 thingy. I still have 2 controllers left over from my old XBox that got stolen. I also have my mates broken one that I might fix up when I get around to it.

I'll show you how to preserve your controllers to last for ages (the ones I still have are the original ones ONE month after NZ release).

Man I am gonna need your help to seriously to get better. My rivals have also pre-ordered and they play EVERY DAY! I have a few scores to settle with those punks (bad blood). Sorry.......just think of me as gay and not psycho and everything will be alright.

My Widescreen with Home theatre is sitting there quietly unused waiting for R2005 right next to our 29inch which we watch TV with. My wife thinks I am absolutely nuts.

i gt my ps2 version on thursday from eb wit a free rugby ball 2 i havnt owned a rugby ball since i was 12 im excited that im gettin the ball as much as the game

hhmm all i know is im getting the xbox version (dont think my son will let me play it on his ps2) and its suppose to be out on the 17th here in NZ so fingers crossed nothin changes that. Listening to all this great input on the game for those who have it is just wetting my appetite even more have to wipe the dribble off my keyboard every time i come in here.
<

Latest posts