Post Rnd 6: Who's your Winner???

ABs2011

First XV
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Hurricanes
What a crazy start to the season aye?

The ***ans sit on top with 5 wins from 6 yet their points differential is actually negative??
Last years champions are languishing in 11th
Two teams who were rubbish last year but for me have been the most exciting teams to watch are 3rd and 5th (West and Parramatta).
The Warriors are typically bad (2nd last) but all the talk is actually how ridiculas their club management has been and of course the sacking of their coach after round 5.
And that is probably only the half of it......

So with all that being said I am intrigued as to where people see this is going from here?

Can the ***ans, Tigers and Eels press on?
Will the typical strong clubs like the Roosters, Bunnies, Storm and Sea Eagles come through in the end?

I probably haven't watched enough for my opinion to be particularly valuable, but I have been incredibly impressed by the Tigers and OI think they are a strong (and unlikely) finals contender. I can't see the ***ans and Eels staying up the topfor much longer and in the end I suspect the Roosters and Storm will fight out the final.

What are others thinking at this stage of the comp?

I reckon the Storm, Bunnies and Doggies will bounce back. I hope the Warriors can re-invent themselves and hopefully the Eels and Tigers can continue their winning streak :)

I reckon the Storm, Bunnies and Doggies will bounce back. I hope the Warriors can re-invent themselves and hopefully the Eels and Tigers can continue their winning streak :)

Yeah Doggies are a good team. If they can get some consistency out of T-Rex I think they are a real shot (shame about Franky Pritchard though).

You hold out much hole for the Warriors? I felt like they played their best game of the season and still lost last week. They really looked determined, focused etc but same od result. I just think they will continue to struggle so long as they fail to correct for the massive defensive issues they have (referring mainly to Johnson and out of both flanks). Glad they have dropped Hurrell, great offensively, but a massive liability on D. He's relatively new to the game, I just wish they would teach him properly before letting him loose in A Grade!

Honestly, I don't know how the Warriors could bounce back. Defense is the one key.

Call me a pessimist, but I genuinely think that whilst the Eels and Tigers are playing well, in the end the Roosters, Eagles, Storm and Rabbitohs should be the only teams who have a chance of winning the premiership.

Give it another several rounds, then we'll know the genuine threats to the 4 big boys.

I think this early on we could say the Eels and Tigers have the potential to threaten for semi spots provided they remain injury free, but hell, so could the Panthers, Bulldogs, ***ans and to a greater extent, the Broncos.

Bulldogs had an awesome game today. Can't wait for Monday when Eels meet the Tigers

Latest posts