Club or Nation
Leinster
As things stand the quarter finals would look like this:

Toulouse vs Ulster
Northampton vs Leicester
Leinster vs Toulon
Perpignan vs Biarritz

I think.

There are some cracking ties potentially there. The Northampton and Perpignan games look most appealing while Toulon will look to vanquish their second Irish team this year against the high flying Leinster. You'd imagine Toulouse would have it fairly easy against Ulster but who knows?

All of this is subject to change of course. What do you guys think will happen?

If the Scarlets win in Perpignan, then I believe they'll still get the final quarter final spot. Big, Big ask. But the Scarlets can do it because they can simply score tries for fun.

In reality though, you're list is probably what's going to happen. French teams dominating again.

After seen some games this weekends this would be my outcome:
Toulouse
Northampton
Toulon
Perpignan

Big chance the winner will be a French team.

Meh, on current form I'd fancy us to beat Toulon by about 10 points. We're very good at the RDS. Bring it!

Toulouse, Leicester, Leinster and Toulon are the four teams most likely to win the tournament of those still in contention. Northampton and Perpignan could also contend for the trophy if they get decent draws in the quater and semi final rounds. I think Ulster and Biarritz are there to make up the numbers.

My only worry is with Toulon saying Top14 is what they want will they select strongest 15. But Leinster vs Toulon will be a superb battle.

The draw is all important.

Whoever gets the home semis will contest the final. If its Leinster, we'll win the damn thing.

My only worry is with Toulon saying Top14 is what they want will they select strongest 15. But Leinster vs Toulon will be a superb battle.

I reckon that on current form we'd roll them quite comfortably. I have alot of respect for Munster even if I don't like them, but they made Toulon look alot better than they were yesterday. We'd have put 40 on ye no problem. They're good, but not great.

If we can get a home semi and keep to the current standard we'll win the thing. Two big ifs.

Latest posts