• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Predicted 6N table 2020

Why though?
There have been times in every match so far that France have gone off the boil for long spells. 2nd half vs England, long periods vs Italy ( in Paris) and then again against Wales where the intercept and contentious knock on decision probably saved them.

The talk of a grand slam is on and the pressure is mounting. Although this team has showed decent composure overall, I don't think it will take too much for the wheels to come off.

Scotland at Murrayfield will be a unique, hostile and new experience for this team. Scotland very rarely make it easy for teams and if they don't build up a bit of a score I can see it being dragged into a nervey encounter that the home team will edge.

Let's see how they handle it. Just have a feeling they're going to get ambushed a little bit at Murrayfield. Scotland have nothing to lose, France have everything to lose.

The following week, Ireland regardless of the result will know they HAVE to win to have any chance of the ***le. The extra few weeks will Farrell embedding their system will do a lot of good.

This game may be closer to a 50/50, but again, this French team will be feeling the expectation from the Stade de France crowd and if it goes flat early it could take the wind out of their sails.

I'm not saying 100% France will lose. But I think the fact that the odds for both a French GS and France not getting a GS are identical I know I'd be backing them to lose one, if not both.

There have been times in every match so far that France have gone off the boil for long spells. 2nd half vs England, long periods vs Italy ( in Paris) and then again against Wales where the intercept and contentious knock on decision probably saved them.

The talk of a grand slam is on and the pressure is mounting. Although this team has showed decent composure overall, I don't think it will take too much for the wheels to come off.

Scotland at Murrayfield will be a unique, hostile and new experience for this team. Scotland very rarely make it easy for teams and if they don't build up a bit of a score I can see it being dragged into a nervey encounter that the home team will edge.

Let's see how they handle it. Just have a feeling they're going to get ambushed a little bit at Murrayfield. Scotland have nothing to lose, France have everything to lose.

The following week, Ireland regardless of the result will know they HAVE to win to have any chance of the ***le. The extra few weeks will Farrell embedding their system will do a lot of good.

This game may be closer to a 50/50, but again, this French team will be feeling the expectation from the Stade de France crowd and if it goes flat early it could take the wind out of their sails.

I'm not saying 100% France will lose. But I think the fact that the odds for both a French GS and France not getting a GS are identical I know I'd be backing them to lose one, if not both.

Why could France lose they asked??... Yeah, called it.

If they don't get the bonus point then it opens the tournament right up.

My friend had one solution to the postponed games if it becomes hard to play later. Just remove Italy's games from the table this year and have a result based on 5 nations. Never going to happen, but definitely better than making them 0-0 draws.

If they don't get the bonus point then it opens the tournament right up.

My friend had one solution to the postponed games if it becomes hard to play later. Just remove Italy's games from the table this year and have a result based on 5 nations. Never going to happen, but definitely better than making them 0-0 draws.
Yup 0-0 draws for matches we knew would be anything but would be terrible. England got a very rare for them Rome last game of a tournament which is usually a high scoring affair for the visiting team.

So...assume Ireland and England get the BP against Italy whenever they play, then England will have 18, Ireland on 14 and France on 13. It then becomes about France vs Ireland. BP win for Ireland wins the tournament, with no BP it would be points difference. Ireland would need outscore England by 11 points over the 2 games. France would need a BP win against Ireland and win bigger than England win against Italy by 3 points.

Cant see the 2 italy games being replayed will most likely be an expunged record or 0 0 draws.
Extended season from WC Euro knockout rounds Summer tours for all teams, each unions mandatory rest periods , England have 4 autumn internationals Ireland have 3
Cant see how see a window to fit them in.

If we assume the two Italy games are equal (or just not played) then Ireland need an 11 point win in France.

Unlikely but not impossible. Would have taken that at the start of the tournament, even in the context of a much improved French side.

I think the unions would kick off big time if the Italy matches were binned and I cant see it happening. Rankings matter, hugely, for WC draws. These matches will happen because it's beating someone at home.

Latest posts