• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Predicted 6N table 2020

Wales, Eng, Ire 4wins
France 2
Italy 1
Scotland 0

Wales to win on BPs.
upload_2020-1-23_9-50-59.gif

Didnt you start the RM premiership fantasy? Havny seem your team for abit. But yeh thats a fair point.
Geez, I may have signed up and then completely forgotten about it, sorry about that! I did a Super Rugby league last year, but I think I'll stick to tournaments like 6N rather than full seasons...

Umaga, you always have the best out-of-nowhere comments, I'm loving this unique take... though I do think it vastly underestimates Ireland, they feel pretty under the radar and could be a powerhouse...
You know what, I was thinking sexton was retiring but I think I was confusing people saying he won't be around in the next World Cup with him retiring now. Is he retiring?

England
Ireland
Wales
Scotland
France
Italy

I am generally favouring home advantage here which is why I have gone England top and Ireland then Wales if their fixtures were reversed so would my prediction same with Scotland France.

Ireland need to diversify their game plan some what IMO it has been found out and nullified fairly frequently of late, I'm sure there are some descent quality opposition it would still work for however the teams in the 6 Nations know each other pretty well.
Genuinely not sure what France will turn up IF England can beat them I fancy them for the slam, I like to think they have learned and won't **** the bed.

Slow day at work and was looking through how schedules affect the tournament. Looked at grand slam deciders and found it interesting that since the six nations began no grand slam team beat Scotland or Italy in their last game.

Most common was beating France (x4) and then England and Ireland (x3) and Wales once. Would suggest you need the easier hit outs to allow recovery for the bigger games. Not a huge discovery and I think most people would agree Ireland and France have the easiest schedules but anything to pass 20 mins.

P.S. If anyone wants to make some money the scores from the Wales and Ireland games this weekend are on Wikipedia. Good start from Pivac, laboured from Farrell.

since the six nations began no grand slam team beat Scotland or Italy in their last game.

Most common was beating France (x4) and then England and Ireland (x3) and Wales once. Would suggest you need the easier hit outs to allow recovery for the bigger games.

So, you suggest this first weekend is potentially good news for Ireland and Wales, While England and France face a steeper challenge? Interesting... Not a huge sample size, obviously...

So, you suggest this first weekend is potentially good news for Ireland and Wales, While England and France face a steeper challenge? Interesting... Not a huge sample size, obviously...
Short term yes but long term not so much. Italy in Round 1 or 5 aren't a great draw because then you have 4 "loseable" games in a row. Round 2 and, moreso, 4 are generally the best time to get them.

Looks like I've been right so far about France coming on good (although I didn't predict they'd beat England) and Wales being a disappointing, at best mid-table team this year.

Looks like I've been right so far about France coming on good (although I didn't predict they'd beat England) and Wales being a disappointing, at best mid-table team this year.

Not a big mistake, many, included French themmselves, didn't expect that France would make its Revolution till the first year of Galthié/Ibanez/Edwards appointment ! And I am pretty sure that a defeat over England in the 1st round would have put France in disarray... It was a match with total opposites results : we could think (before) that a victory would have given so much morale to the young French and a defeat would have put the French in an uncontrolled burning crash :)

Not a big mistake, many, included French themmselves, didn't expect that France would make its Revolution till the first year of Galthié/Ibanez/Edwards appointment ! And I am pretty sure that a defeat over England in the 1st round would have put France in disarray... It was a match with total opposites results : we could think (before) that a victory would have given so much morale to the young French and a defeat would have put the French in an uncontrolled burning crash :)

There's still time ;)

Genuinely think France will lose their two remaining games and finish 3rd.

There's still time ;)

Genuinely think France will lose their two remaining games and finish 3rd.

Can't see them losing to Ireland in Paris tbh. However, if the weather in Edinburgh goes full Scottish winter then i can see Scotland grinding out a win there - they will have learnt a lot from the loss to England in those condition - and let's face it, this winter has been cr*p enough to expect more of the same!

Latest posts