• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Predictions for the knockout stages.

S/A, Kiwi's, Wallabies and Ireland go through with a Kiwi-Wallaby final, southern hemisphere domination

Wales - South Africa: Easy win for SA. Their pack is dominating the rucks and they won't give Wales the chance they got against Australia.

New Zealand - France: The last time these 2 teams met in the QF, the game was also played in Cardiff. I feel France has a chance to win this, like they did in 2007. For some reason, the French play a type of rugby that the All Blacks struggle with. Close game, but I really think France will win this

Australia - Scotland: A tricky one. Depending on the weather, Scotland has a chance. They beat Australia in Newcastle (Aus) a few years back when the weather was abysmal. In 2010 they beat the Springboks in Edinburgh again with bad weather. If it's a dry pitch, Australia should win this easily

Argentina - Ireland: Easy win for Ireland. No question.
please god give us sleet snow and 90 mile an hr winds,or as we call it a summers day

Hmm ok..

One SEMI side features RSA(70% certain) vs NZL v [IRE/FRA](NZ 80% chance to win)
Other semi Australia (100% certain) vs Argentina vs [IRE/FRA](20% chance to beat Ireland and 50% against France)

So that equates to;
With the percentages i came up for the probability of each game i then used an 'accumulator bet' adding app from the website listed below and it gave me the odds of $8.26 for an all SH semi final. (for a $1 bet)

https://www.aceodds.com/bet-calculator/accumulator.html

Just to re-visit the all SH semi final discussion.

Between about 3 of us (and before the Wales OZ match & Ire France) we came to the conclusion that it was roughly a 6:1 or 7:1 shot.

Using odds from NZ's TAB it is now a 4.3 : 1 shot.

Obviously OZ beating Wales shortened things a bit, but SA and OZ have also moved in as well.

As a result I'll still be a bit suprised if we see an all SH top 4, but it is getting more and more likely.

Semi finalists will be
wales - even with injuries just think they will squeeze through, think SA are in decline
nz- France not the force they once were nz could put 50 on them
aus- Scotland will scrap and fight but aus just too good for them right now.
Ireland - think Ireland will just about get there ,crucial Ireland can lead or don't fall behind by more than 6 because they are built to lead games and not to come back

QF's
Wales v Japan
Oz V Boks
NZ v France
Ire V Arg

SF's
Wales Argentina
France Oz

Final
Wales France

I love it, everyone is writing us off against France.
We have no chance, it's a foregone conclusion.
Brilliant.

On another note, who won the last meeting between Wales and South Africa?

- - - Updated - - -

Depends which supermarket has the offer on!!

Get your coupons out Manx.

Hmm ok..

One SEMI side features RSA(70% certain) vs NZL v [IRE/FRA](NZ 80% chance to win)
Other semi Australia (100% certain) vs Argentina vs [IRE/FRA](20% chance to beat Ireland and 50% against France)

So that equates to;
With the percentages i came up for the probability of each game i then used an 'accumulator bet' adding app from the website listed below and it gave me the odds of $8.26 for an all SH semi final. (for a $1 bet)

https://www.aceodds.com/bet-calculator/accumulator.html

Getting closer and closer :)

7:1 for an all SH semi final list is now into less than 2:1

So did anyone get any more on it?

I'm predicting a South Africa v Argentina final. With South Africa to win the final.

New Zealand v Australia is the obvious final . South Africa v Argentina would be the interesting final

- - - Updated - - -

So its a rugby championship played out in twickers

my prediction for all SH semi-finals was correct!

Well done mate. I actually had a fantastically profitable weekend of rugby too! As soon as Sexton was ruled out I was on Argentina too!

Ended up backing the ABs, Wales and Argentina on the points starts, and had OZ to win in a multiple as well (with the ABs and a few local games).

Not only that, but I got to cash in my bet on a SH team winning the RWC before a semi had even been played!

And finally, IF the ABs can beat SA, then I have a bet on each of OZ and Argentina to win the RWC with NZ removed, so would cash in there too.

New Zealand v Australia is the obvious final . South Africa v Argentina would be the interesting final

- - - Updated - - -

So its a rugby championship played out in twickers

And i'll be hoping for the same result, Aus over NZ in the decider.

QF1: RSA Vs Wales - RSA WIN
QF2: NZ Vs France - NZ WIN
QF3: Ireland Vs Argentina - Argentina WIN
QF4: Australia Vs Scotland - Australia WIN

SF1: RSA Vs NZ - NZ WIN
SF2: Argentina Vs Australia - Argentina WIN

F: Argentina Vs NZ - NZ WIN.

I think this prediction gonna be the real thing...

Latest posts