• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Predictions for the knockout stages.

I don't think people are crediting Scotland enough. They're a much greater threat to the Wallabies than people think. People say the Wallabies are a side to reckon with in this RWC, and they might be correct, but in all honestly who they have beaten? A lacklustre English side and an injury troubled Welsh side?

I don't think people are crediting Scotland enough. They're a much greater threat to the Wallabies than people think. People say the Wallabies are a side to reckon with in this RWC, and they might be correct, but in all honestly who they have beaten? A lacklustre English side and an injury troubled Welsh side?

England and Wales would and do both beat Scotland pretty comfortably and the performances from Australia so far can only point towards them either thumping Scotland or beating them easily without breaking much sweat. I reckon Scotland will be about a equal threat to AUS as Fiji were in their first game.

Wales vs SA - Wales to win 15 - 12

NZ vs Fra - We win 23 - 15

Ire vs Arg - Ire win 19 - 16

Aus vs Sco - Aus win 28 - 10

Wales over SA? Big call.

Thought I'd chuck one in there. Aussie who are pretty good attacking side couldn't score a try vs Wales, I think SA will have a difficult time breaking them down as well and the Welsh will edge them.

Wales vs SA - WA to win 19 - 18

NZ vs Fra - NZ win 35 - 10

Ire vs Arg - Ire win 27 - 23

Aus vs Sco - Aus win 28 - 6

Argentina will outmuscle Australia.

I cant see it. A rested Australian side after the most easy quarter against a tired Pumas side after the WWIII versus Ireland. I see Australia in the final.

Cheika won't be taking them lightly, but it's worth remembering that our two recent losses to the Scots did occur in the Deans-McKenzie era, which was frankly mostly pretty disastrous.

Cheika won't be taking them lightly, but it's worth remembering that our two recent losses to the Scots did occur in the Deans-McKenzie era, which was frankly mostly pretty disastrous.

In the Scotland´s win in Newcastle, 3 years ago, the starter fullback was LUKE MORAHAN! And the couple 12/13 were Harris and Faingaa!!!!! :p:p:p

you can only beat who's put in front of you, the same thing could be said about teams like SA and NZ, who have they beaten so far??

on another note id like to say congrads to Ireland on prooving me wrong :)

Last edited:
Wales vs SA - Wales to win 15 - 12

NZ vs Fra - We win 23 - 15

Ire vs Arg - Ire win 19 - 16

Aus vs Sco - Aus win 28 - 10

SA will thump Wales

NZ will thump France

Arg will seriously trouble Ireland im not sure its a roll of the dice with these two. I feel Arg will take it though.

Australia will thump Scotland.

Other than Ire vs arg I really dont think any of these games will be within 7 points by the end.

Wales - South Africa: Easy win for SA. Their pack is dominating the rucks and they won't give Wales the chance they got against Australia.

New Zealand - France: The last time these 2 teams met in the QF, the game was also played in Cardiff. I feel France has a chance to win this, like they did in 2007. For some reason, the French play a type of rugby that the All Blacks struggle with. Close game, but I really think France will win this

Australia - Scotland: A tricky one. Depending on the weather, Scotland has a chance. They beat Australia in Newcastle (Aus) a few years back when the weather was abysmal. In 2010 they beat the Springboks in Edinburgh again with bad weather. If it's a dry pitch, Australia should win this easily

Argentina - Ireland: Easy win for Ireland. No question.

Wales - South Africa: Easy win for SA. Their pack is dominating the rucks and they won't give Wales the chance they got against Australia.

New Zealand - France: The last time these 2 teams met in the QF, the game was also played in Cardiff. I feel France has a chance to win this, like they did in 2007. For some reason, the French play a type of rugby that the All Blacks struggle with. Close game, but I really think France will win this

Australia - Scotland: A tricky one. Depending on the weather, Scotland has a chance. They beat Australia in Newcastle (Aus) a few years back when the weather was abysmal. In 2010 they beat the Springboks in Edinburgh again with bad weather. If it's a dry pitch, Australia should win this easily

Unless Barnes manages to weasel his way onto the pitch France is rooted mate.

BTW when will we know reffing apointments are they already decided?

Tomorrow we will know!
Media over here's already beating it up.... http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...he-all-blacks-cardiff-rugby-world-cup-rematch

Last edited:
I cant see it. A rested Australian side after the most easy quarter against a tired Pumas side after the WWIII versus Ireland. I see Australia in the final.

Did not watch the last Argentina game, in fact not watched any for some reason, but was it a Puma first team or did it have a lot of reserves as I understand it did? If that were true, why would the Pumas be tired?

I would have to say I believe Aus will win in any case but just looking for clarification.

Terrible predictions

Unless Barnes manages to weasel his way onto the pitch France is rooted mate.

BTW when will we know reffing apointments are they already decided?

Tomorrow we will know!
Media over here's already beating it up.... http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...he-all-blacks-cardiff-rugby-world-cup-rematch

Prophecy or Freudian slip?

- - - Updated - - -

Did not watch the last Argentina game, in fact not watched any for some reason, but was it a Puma first team or did it have a lot of reserves as I understand it did? If that were true, why would the Pumas be tired?

I would have to say I believe Aus will win in any case but just looking for clarification.

He means after the QFs and he is expectng Aus to cruise past Scotland and Argentina to have a tough time with Ireland or visa versa; whichever team comes out of that QF will have had an attritional game on their hands.

- - - Updated - - -

I expect Aus to be the only team to have it all their way in the QFs.

I'm not buying Wales being undercooked for this QF. They are a home team and have been through hell and that siege metality will keep them in it unless SA somehow manage to play the game of our lives. It should be close. NZ vs France.. I think it might be tighter than NZ posters on here suggest. Sure, France havn't looked ominous but have they ever in a pool match? Arg vs a somewhat depleted Ireland? I can't split it.

Personally I couldn't disagree with this anymore.

I think Wales will give SA a real game & could pinch it
NZ will win fairly easy against France
AUS will win easy against Scotland
Ire v Arg will be very tight

A lot of reserves played vs Namibia but I agree. Australia will beat the Pumas in any case, they are a solid team and I think they have a big chance against the ABs in the Final.

theres a big flaw in your response. the win/loss ratios for wales and ireland are heavily favoured with home matches compared to argentina and thats why i didnt use them

Waste of time putting up those results so if you just ignored them and came to your own conclusion.

Vern Cotter will have to put out all the stops if he wants to beat Australia.

Wins for NZ, South Africa, Argentina and Australia.

- - - Updated - - -

4 Southern Hemisphere teams in the semi's, would be a first. And would be quite interesting.

Latest posts