• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Predictions

M

mjrTom

as long as springboks know that this game is gonna be more difficult that when they played england in the beginning of the RWC, they'll win.

dont get too confidant boks and bring home the cup!!

I don't think the Springboks will make the mistake of underestimating the English. At all. They're even preparing for the goal shootout, should the scores be tied after 80 mins plus extra time plus sudden death.

I'm hoping Jonny sticks over 6 drop goals. Just because it would be great to out-Jannie the Boks.

And that we win obviously.

England to edge it in mudbath 15-14, Wilkinson to be awful with the boot and Andy Sheridan to get the surprise drop goal (a la Matt Dunning) in the dying seconds from 35m. It could happen ;)

hoping for another 36-0 thrashing. it won't go like that though. it will most likely be a huge grind with england demostrating they can only play one way and they won't change that for the final. the boks I think will defintely show more adventure than the french did and are less likely to be sucked into england's style of play. I think the boks will take it by about 12 points.

I think Johnny will keep the english within a sniff of the game for the first 55 minutes, then the Sprinkboks to pull away with a couple of tries.

i said this in another thread, but its either gonna be a really close england win (with two points or so), or it's gonna be a 10pt + win by south africa. the reason i say this is:

if the springboks play their game and quickly get a try, they will rattle the poms and the game will be ours.
on the other hand, if we do not play our game (or if england shuts us down early with a good defense) it is gonna end up being a kicking game and johnny is going to upset us with an amazing drop goal win.

it is definitely not going to be a pounding though, and the springboks better know that or we WILL lose

I can't see anyone but the 'Boks for this one, but 10 points + I'm afraid. With the stye of rugby England have been playing recenty, whilst affective against the Aussies and the French (though far from pretty) we've already seen that the Boks, on their game, can run completely over it.

I expect a similar result.

And on the note of Josh Lewsey missing out on the game, I have to say that I think he's got what he deserves for his actions after he scored his try in the semi. There was no need for him to pat the head of the French player after he scored. Rugby is meant to be a game about both winning and losing with grace. If Lewsey can't do that then he should go and play football. So I'm sorry Josh, but I've absolutely no sympathy for you missing out on the Final.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2ORY-4gi6M8

If SA can force England into a running game (difficult, but that should be their aim, to make England play to her weakness) then I can see Habana scoring at least one interception.

Whereas England might pump Percy with the high ball and hope he is having an off day. The other strategy will be to rely on Simon Shaw to do a Ngwenya and smoke Habana on the outside

If it's close, SA have in F Steyn a drop-kicker every bit as cool and accurate as JW.

The weather forecast is for a sunny day in Paris on Saturday which won't help England - but I'll go for an English win anyway, if only to see the look on the faces of the rest of you ...

There was no need for him to pat the head of the French player after he scored. Rugby is meant to be a game about both winning and losing with grace. If Lewsey can't do that then he should go and play football. So I'm sorry Josh, but I've absolutely no sympathy for you missing out on the Final.
[/b]
It's not really an unusual accident, do you also get mad when a player knocks the ball on and get 'congratulated' by his opposition for doing so...it's cheeky as hell but I don't think any winger in the world would score a try off a huge error by the defender and not rub it in a little bit...

Hmmmmm I dont know if this is as clear cut as it seems.

Argentina went into the Semi and were beaten at the Anthems if you ask me. They had reached their final and done more then they thought possible. England on the other hand have real momentum on their side and they shouldnt be feeling any mental fatigue. I just hope for the sake of the final that they truly believe they can win it.

Its hard to look beyond the Boks, but then again, it was hard to look beyond the Aussies and the French when they played England too. It wont be pretty but I hope to god it will be tense. If England can keep it close for 60 minutes, then the longer it goes on like that, the more it will swing towards England.

Hmmmmm I dont know if this is as clear cut as it seems.

Argentina went into the Semi and were beaten at the Anthems if you ask me. They had reached their final and done more then they thought possible. England on the other hand have real momentum on their side and they shouldnt be feeling any mental fatigue. I just hope for the sake of the final that they truly believe they can win it.

Its hard to look beyond the Boks, but then again, it was hard to look beyond the Aussies and the French when they played England too. It wont be pretty but I hope to god it will be tense. If England can keep it close for 60 minutes, then the longer it goes on like that, the more it will swing towards England. [/b]

Toatally agree. In a freindly match the boks would win. They are a better side overall, but this will be tight and tense most likely. The reason i think the boks will win is that they have coped mentally when having been shaken by other sides (Tonga and Fiji) and play smart. I think they will cope better with the pressure and the favourites tag than the other 3N sides.

Right what's gonna happen is... After 5 minutes, SA will score a converted try via Habana. England's defense tighten up and SA are nudged into the kicking game. Ashton sees this and pulls out his trump card. He switches Nick Easter for Jason Robinson. Nick Easter then cuts and shimmies his way through the SA defense continuously to score 10 consecutive tries. The end score 75-10 to England. Then, the person who wrote Nick Easter (lol) in the poll for highest try scorer in this World Cup, eats his hat. Nick Easter is now the record holder for the most tries in a rugby World Cup.

(lol)