• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 19/20 - Rd 10

^ Crying much

Tigers missing 5 England Internationals what's wasps excuse.

Does youngs include that 5 because I'd call Him being away an advantage.

On a serious note it may have escaped your attention Dai has been side lined, that's not exactly the norm, I was also speaking of both teams being pretty poor in general not especially this week.

Right call in these conditions?
Only if it works.
He had the wind, he had the distance - I think the wrong call was giving it to Pennell, not Weir, after Pennell hadn't taken any kicks at all in order to assess the wind

Does youngs include that 5 because I'd call Him being away an advantage.

On a serious note it may have escaped your attention Dai has been side lined, that's not exactly the norm, I was also speaking of both teams being pretty poor in general not especially this week.

Well I guess that depends.
Either it was something out of wasps control.
Or
Wasps did it out of choice.

England selection isn't a choice for the clubs.

Only if it works.
He had the wind, he had the distance - I think the wrong call was giving it to Pennell, not Weir, after Pennell hadn't taken any kicks at all in order to assess the wind

Didn't watch the game, how was Wuss's lineouts?

Anyway good win in crap conditions for Bath considering who you are also missing.

Can't believe Tigers didn't get pinged for try saving tackle was over shoulder Shocking really, they really are a shower of **** only Wasps are worse...

Really don't rate Dixon as a ref but Wasps only really have themselves to blame here.
The tackle started low enough only went a little higher then released. Not like Spencer being held off the floor by the neck or the shoulder to charge to the head off the ball by Brookes. Never mind countless in at the side playing on the floor etc.

The tackle started low enough only went a little higher then released. Not like Spencer being held off the floor by the neck or the shoulder to charge to the head off the ball by Brookes. Never mind countless in at the side playing on the floor etc.

nah it was high, rightly or wrongly they are most often pinged consistency would be nice, if that's not deemed high then many others shouldn't be the fact it wasn't really reviewed and the difference between a penalty try or nothing surprises me a little.

Wasps got pinged countless times and done for a neck role so not really sure how you think they got away with it all, Coles got away with lying In several rucks where ball was heavily slowed or turned over.

as for this shoulder charge I'm not convinced brooks even initiated the contact, think he more stood his ground if I'm honest.

nah it was high, rightly or wrongly they are most often pinged consistency would be nice, if that's not deemed high then many others shouldn't be the fact it wasn't really reviewed and the difference between a penalty try or nothing surprises me a little.

Wasps got pinged countless times and done for a neck role so not really sure how you think they got away with it all, Coles got away with lying In several rucks where ball was heavily slowed or turned over.

as for this shoulder charge I'm not convinced brooks even initiated the contact, think he more stood his ground if I'm honest.
the initial contact was not on the top of the shoulder but on the side of the arm. Wow, so you think Bateman jumped back just as Brookes shoulder got there. You watched a different game to me. Mind you seems the commentary was one sided as well. All pests together and all that. lol. yes thats him :)

the initial contact was not on the top of the shoulder but on the side of the arm. Wow, so you think Bateman jumped back just as Brookes shoulder got there. You watched a different game to me. Mind you seems the commentary was one sided as well. All pests together and all that. lol. yes thats him :)

I only watched it once in real time and it didn't look like Brookes initiated the contact was all I said I haven't exactly slowed it down and played it back frame by frame, if you have good for you.

it started off pretty boarder line from what I can see.
So you are essentially saying that point of contact is the decisive factor as long as that's legal then what happens after is not relevant, we both know it's not true and it's a massive inconsistency, as was pointed out during the commentary the NH SH recently got away with a similar covering tackle, yet penalty tries resulting in YCs have been handed out for similar offences.
My main point isn't particularly that these should result in any particular outcome just it should be consistent.

Didn't see the tackle, but initial contact has nothing to do with it if the tackles ends up over the shoulder - even if it's released and contact over the shoulder is a high tackle.

Don't get me wrong - I hate the penalising of seatbelt tackles more than anyone, but I want to at least see refereeing consistency, so if that's what happened then it's definitely a penalty.

He missed off side the entire game as well, although this seems to be a theme in general at the moment.

Is it policed any more in the SH?

,Poor show in second half from us yet another yellow probably cost us the game as in control till then.
Fair play Bristol you deserved the win.

Bristol looked terrible for that first 60 or so - Saints will be really kicked by themselves

I only watched it once in real time and it didn't look like Brookes initiated the contact was all I said I haven't exactly slowed it down and played it back frame by frame, if you have good for you.

it started off pretty boarder line from what I can see.
So you are essentially saying that point of contact is the decisive factor as long as that's legal then what happens after is not relevant, we both know it's not true and it's a massive inconsistency, as was pointed out during the commentary the NH SH recently got away with a similar covering tackle, yet penalty tries resulting in YCs have been handed out for similar offences.
My main point isn't particularly that these should result in any particular outcome just it should be consistent.
Not what I said at all. The initial contact was on the arm lower than the shoulder top, his right arm came around and gripped the attacking players right arm dislodging the ball, lost forward, as both player went down the defensive players arm rose to the top of the shoulder and released contact. the replay clearly shows space between hand and neck area. Brooke's tackle was an off ball tackle and penalised as such, but the definite contact leading with the shoulder to the head neck area was not.

Latest posts