• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 19/20 - Rd 14

Du Preez, Hill, Manu
v
Smith, Lang, Marchant

the most Polar opposites of players?
Bug chance for Marchant though.

Honestly on paper Sale should walk this.

Not sure about that. Sale are clearly stronger in some areas, less so in others. It's a better lineup on paper but to suggest they 'should walk' it, is overstating it IMO.

less so in others.
Where?

Not trying to be arrogant (despite the tagline) but I don't think there's a player in the Quins side I'd take in the Sale one.
Closest I'd go for is Dombrandt but Dan du Preez was probably the form 8 in the league when Coronavirus hit.

I guess wings?
Ashton vs Yarde - taking into account their most recent form I'd take Yarde, but he can be hit or miss (and he lost his rag vs Quins last time out)
Earle vs McGuigan - probably Earle, especially as McGuigan isn't playing on his favoured wing

Where?

Not trying to be arrogant (despite the tagline) but I don't think there's a player in the Quins side I'd take in the Sale one.
Closest I'd go for is Dombrandt but Dan du Preez was probably the form 8 in the league when Coronavirus hit.

I guess wings maybe?
Ashton vs Yarde - taking into account their most recent form I'd take Yarde
Earle vs McGuigan - probably Earle
No love for Marler over Oosthuizen?

No love for Marler over Oosthuizen?

Nah,
I rate Marler a lot but Oosthuizen is just a brute. Marler better at scrum time but Coenie is better everywhere else imo.
I'd take Marler over Harrison but don't think I'd drop Coenie for him.

Fair point though - in terms of units I wouldn't be surprised if Quins had the better lineout (Akkers darts...) and possibly scrum (comes down to the WGJ vs Marler battle, which is going to be a goodun)

We're always dire after a break, as well, so looking good on paper means F All if we come out the blocks like we usually do.

Whatever happens, two class line ups for a friday night to start the season up again... both strong XVs to be fair..

My shoulder hurts looking at the Sale line up but Quins have got some talent across the board too. I'll go Sale win but think Quins will give them a run for their money.

Just hope rain holds off :)

Where?

I guess wings?
Ashton vs Yarde - taking into account their most recent form I'd take Yarde, but he can be hit or miss (and he lost his rag vs Quins last time out)
Earle vs McGuigan - probably Earle, especially as McGuigan isn't playing on his favoured wing

You could try a fair bit harder ...

Our back three is superior IMO. Having Brown back is a big deal and I think Ashton and Earle are better than McGuigan and Yarde.

As for individual player-for-player comparisons, I'd take Marler over Oosthuizen and Smith over Rob du Preez. I also don't think there's much to choose between several other players.

The Sale side is better on paper, but I don't think it's quite the gulf I'm class that was intimated by Tigs Man.

original.jpg

Robshaw and Marler look incredibly orange there.

I kind of think and decent win for Sale here, if the Hill Manu partnership works given neither have played for the club before never mind with each other. But as a whole i think Sales pack looks stronger. Espdcially with 5 South Africans in the pack alone or 6 if Ross is SA

Lood fit after all :D

EfS7UagX0AUTFoB

and Ashton starts for Quins
original.jpg

In case you haven't heard, Robshaw signed a two year deal with the San Diego Legion of Major League Rugby.

Last edited:
Y'all got an injury crisis already?
Where's Nadolo??

IDK.
He's training.
Maybe want to give him more time to settle? The only new signings playing are those who are UK based when signed.
Trouble is we have like 6 players waiting on visa's/in the required self isolation

Worcester have been quietly putting together a pretty decent side, haven't they

1597404171684.png

Copyright infringement here though - send him our way

IDK.
He's training.
Maybe want to give him more time to settle? The only new signings playing are those who are UK based when signed.
Trouble is we have like 6 players waiting on visa's/in the required self isolation
Makes sense tbf - for Tigers it's all about building the squad unity for next season at this point, no point rushing things

Worcester have been quietly putting together a pretty decent side, haven't they

View attachment 8357

Copyright infringement here though - send him our way

Makes sense tbf - for Tigers it's all about building the squad unity for next season at this point, no point rushing things

Cornell Du Preez :) Scotland International

You have enough Du Preez's, share the wealth

EXETER CHIEFS SIDE TO FACE LEICESTER TIGERS

15 Stuart Hogg
14 Tom O'Flaherty
13 Henry Slade
12 Ollie Devoto
11 Olly Woodburn
10 Joe Simmonds (capt)
9 Jack Maunder
1 Alec Hepburn
2 Luke Cowan-Dickie
3 Harry Williams
4 Jonny Gray
5 Jonny Hill
6 Dave Ewers
7 Jannes Kirsten
8 Sam Simmonds

16 Jack Yeandle
17 Ben Moon
18 Tomas Francis
19 Sam Skinner
20 Don Armand
21 Sam Hidalgo-Clyne
22 Gareth Steenson
23 Ian Whitten

We've gone strong, although Kirsten at 7? Guess we wanted some size in the back row.

Latest posts