• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 19/20 - Rd 18

Aye, I've been of the opinion it should've been cancelled and then 20/21 to start at a regular time
However they didn't go with that, and I'm loving watching games again now - if they were gonna restart the season it's right that they did it in full (even with a janky schedule and mixed up squads) rather than skip straight to the semis

I mean look how congested the top half of the table is - how would you even decide who is 2/3/4?
This.
They sholdn't have played the end of season; but they have, and I'm loving it

Both banned for 3 games
So deliberate punches to the face gets 3 games, so thats the benchmark set. Faz dangerous tackle will prob get the same though im surprised they arnt taking a stance on punches.

Yeah, three sounds very light for that - anything sub 4 weeks for a dangerous act of foul play seems light

Yeah, three sounds very light for that - anything sub 4 weeks for a dangerous act of foul play seems light
If you assume that anyone other than Tomas Lavanini is going to get 50% mitigation, then a punching offence would have to be assessed as being high end to see a 4 week plus ban. The entry points for punching and dangerous tackling are exactly the same. I can make my peace with it - while the intent to injure is clearer with punching, there's less chance of a serious injury happening. It's not like punching is a massive problem in the game these days. For fear of sounding like a gammon, it does make a refreshing change from the pushing / shoving / chest sticking out matches that punctuate matches these days.

I haven't seen the incident, but agree that we need more good honest dust ups (without serious injuries and cheap shots, obvs) and fewer who can pull the silliest face competitions. One unfortunate by product of the current climate is that front 5s seldom get the opportunity to put gobby scrum halves firmly back in the boxes in which they belong.

If you assume that anyone other than Tomas Lavanini is going to get 50% mitigation, then a punching offence would have to be assessed as being high end to see a 4 week plus ban. The entry points for punching and dangerous tackling are exactly the same. I can make my peace with it - while the intent to injure is clearer with punching, there's less chance of a serious injury happening. It's not like punching is a massive problem in the game these days. For fear of sounding like a gammon, it does make a refreshing change from the pushing / shoving / chest sticking out matches that punctuate matches these days.
Agree with you that it makes a refreshing change to actually see men being men and sorting out their differences, its a physical game and tempers are going to flare.

Obv dont want to see it all the time and ruining games, and obv not a good influence on younger lads watching just starting playing at their local clubs.

Do remember when playing as a teenages one of our players had a bad temper and someone high tackled him, he proceeded to punch that guy about 3 times in the face but it's a shame the guy was an absolute weakling as the guy laughed and walked away without retaliating while the lad on my team got red carded :)

5 for Farrell,
Misses the rest of the club season but back for internationals...

Top entry point then halved for saying soz
5 is better than 3 though. For some reason, don't like him..smiles like Hannibal Lecter,brr

He's nowhere near as population rugby discussion boards as he is in the rugby press

I like him

kanye west GIF

With Piutau appealing his three match ban his evening apparently. I have a question please:

So does three match ban when combined with restrictive minutes taken into consideration, actually become a four match ban?

Please feel free to be picky with my maths, because I did none and just guessed.

What would that mean for Faz.

Latest posts