• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 19/20 - Rd 18

Who are you guys trying to convince here? The only reason why golden boy is being cited is because he got the red card. Had it been a yellow or just a penalty, he would have gotten away with it (AGAIN).

Showing remorse or getting off for good behaviour should not be taken into consideration, as he's a serial offender of tackling high.

And you wonder why many non-english fans hate the guy...

He should be banned for a year!

Yawn,

It'll never not be hilarious seeing a South African up in arms about thuggery.
The hypocrisy is incredible.

Literally everyone says it's a red card.
Literally everyone says he should get a ban.
Literally no one is saying his ban SHOULD be reduced.
You're arguing with no one.

Yawn,

It'll never not be hilarious seeing a South African up in arms about thuggery.
The hypocrisy is incredible.

Literally everyone says it's a red card.
Literally everyone says he should get a ban.
Literally no one is saying his ban SHOULD be reduced.
You're arguing with no one.

It was more tongue in cheek than anything.

Plus it's also funny to see how we are still stigmatized as thugs, when we had no thuggish incidents in over 2 years.

I'm not arguing with anyone, it's just my own opinion about the man the SA fans despise. of course we are relishing the fact that he's finally going to get punished for something he got away with for so long.

This was as inevitable as Mako collapsing in the scrum or Youngs dawdling at the base. He should have learnt by now and maybe this will help to change his habits. There is no mitigation and I will think less of Fazlet if he doesn't just accept his punishment and tries to weasel out of it.

From the Eng perspective.....

Jones may now reassess the captaincy - I've always liked Faz as a tempo setter in the team but his hotheadedness and a key decision making role when at 10 never made him captaincy material (there just weren't other candidates). I might be inclined to skip Itoje and go to Curry - bit of a Carlingesque punt, but one worth taking.

If Faz is no longer skipper it also calls into question his place in the team. Many would argue that Ford, Manu and Slade is where it's at now anyway.

But nice to know that Faz has got up Heineken's nose. That's good, we need more abrasive characters in the team.

Tom Curry doesn't immediately strike me as a leader right now. Sure he'd 'lead by example' but I don't really see him having the influence over more experienced players or the rapport you need with referees etc.

Underhill could be a leftfield suggestion. He's well respected and I think he has a bit more maturity to speak with refs.

Are you sure? I looked it up earlier and read it as 6 weeks. It's mid range IMO and he'll get maximum mitigation, so I'd expect a 3 week ban given that the maximum reduction is 50%.
No. I'm not sure now! I got the 12 weeks from Ben Kay's comments on BT Sport and didn't fact check.

Tom Curry doesn't immediately strike me as a leader right now. Sure he'd 'lead by example' but I don't really see him having the influence over more experienced players or the rapport you need with referees etc.
Really?
He's definitely one of the more vocal players in the huddle/on the pitch - definitely looks to have a leadership role in the England pack
I think he'll be England captain one day, and would be Sale's now (over Ben) if he weren't away with England so much.

That said I think it'll be Itoje, if he's not rested. Captained u20s n that, pretty sure he's captained Sarries and England at some point too?

Edit: Completely forgot Ford captained England in the world cup - I imagine it'll be him, then.

Last edited:
Not saying Curry couldn't do it but isn't he a notoriously quiet/shy guy? He definitely seems liked within the England setup and I think he's massively respected as a player but I'm not sure how respected he is as a leader.

Does anyone know the results of the Kitchener and Piatau citings?

Who will get the longer ban? Faz or Kitchener?

Bad dangerous reckless high takle with force or multiple deliberate punches?

Yeah Kitchener. Faz was reckless and dangerous, Kitchener was just pure violence.

Anyone else think this Premiership reboot is dragging on for too long? Just get to the semis already!

I haven't watched as much as normal. And what I've seen has been of massively variable quality.

Indifference due to an almost perfect storm of wrong time of year, variable strength teams, no crowds and nothing really at stake with Sarries already relegated and Chiefs overwhelming favourites. No-one's fault and something's better than nothing, but I'm not really going out of my way to catch games. If the finances had allowed it would have been better to have abandoned this season months ago, but the reality is that the game lives hand to mouth so we're having to go through this charade with all its knock on consequences.

It just doesn't seem all that great completing last season with this seasons squads and delaying the start of the new season by so much. France are already into the new season and won't face the same fixture log-jam as English clubs.

Aye, I've been of the opinion it should've been cancelled and then 20/21 to start at a regular time
However they didn't go with that, and I'm loving watching games again now - if they were gonna restart the season it's right that they did it in full (even with a janky schedule and mixed up squads) rather than skip straight to the semis

I mean look how congested the top half of the table is - how would you even decide who is 2/3/4?

Latest posts