• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 19/20 - Rd 8

Hard to say - considering he was a backrower up until just over a season ago it's wild that this is the question, ha

At the moment I want to see him continue at fullback - obviously playing really well there and Sale play better with a big lump at 12 than two play makers in the midfield.

Long term? Who knows - you could count the number of games he's ever played 15 on your hands, but he's looking excellent so why not persevere with it

Wait ... Luke James was a back rower? I never realised that.

Wait ... Luke James was a back rower? I never realised that.
Up until u18s, I think?
And was still playing there when going back to his local club while playing centre for sale academy

Pretty good try by the London Irish winger there although shambolic Exeter defending (and Hogg as last defender LOL)

Will be surprised if Hill doesn't get a look in at 12 for England. Woodburn on the other hand has been pretty poor this game.

Last edited:
A tad dire at Ricoh however Saints not winning line out and turning ball over at will.
Again in open fast play look half decent.
Fair to play wasps for mucking us about and slowing down at all opportunities as ref allowing so.

Wow thats bad for both players. Reckless. Red, could say he landed furst with lower back(on collin' head) but tbh i agree as there was so much pace and danger.

Saints doing everything they can to chuck this away,
Hutchinson should've been in the bin too, and now Corbus is gone and a PT

Saints seem to do everything they can to throw the game but then Wasps feel sorry for them and do everything they can to throw the game too.

Well tried to chuck it 13 men and grab 5 , no complaints about ref calls other than young should have been binned for knock on as well as same as cobus.
Hutchinson may get a look at by citing but agree that he was falling being tackled and onto Hutchinson rather than other way around let citing sort it out if need be.

We did well to come back but did make some silly errors.

To be honest, i really thought that Carley had a poor game regarding cards. Obviously and sadly the Collins challenge is red, not ill tempt just bad timing. Reinach is yellow but penalty try maybe a little harsh as id reckon the Saints second row could have made the tackle.
Young should have been binned for deliberate slap down if Reinach was yellow.

Hutchinson i think is unfortunate but in my opinion should be red too. the shoulder makes full contact with the head and there is no arm, partially because he was falling.

What i am annoyed about is Graham Hughes & Carley's comments about we have gone too far for Carley to review and Hughes deciding it was not worth a review. How can the pull back on Carr by Francis (which was iffy in the first place) be deemed worthy of reviewing by the ref but the hutchinson or Youngs moments not be?

Don't like slamming refs but the consistency shown today was poor. In the end though the better team won, Reinach was usual brilliant self, Harrison was strong and lawes got himself about. For wasps, Gops made a hugh difference, Youngs/Willis put in their usual cracking performance and Fekitoa did well as well. Also special shout out to Brookes as thought he played really well and put himself about with crunching tackles and carries. Obvsly had something to prove!

Watching Irish vs Chiefs. How is that an acceptable pitch? I can barely see the trylines and the football lines make it so confusing. Also Exeter got 2 YC's what happened there?

Finally Sam Hill should be in the England Squad.

When does #stevediamondout start? He has too good a squad to be losing so many games. Does not seem like he is getting the best out of his players. Alas it's an uninformed opinions as I don't watch them play as much as I want.

When does #stevediamondout start? He has too good a squad to be losing so many games. Does not seem like he is getting the best out of his players. Alas it's an uninformed opinions as I don't watch them play as much as I want.
In the top 4 and you're wanting to sack the coaches, lol - you're definitely new to following Sale

We've been pretty hit by injuries this season, especially 9-13, we're only just starting to get some semblance of consistency in our selections.
Even just in the centres I can think of 7 different combinations, just off the top of my head, that we've used in 3 months.
Throw in the injuries at lock, Faf missing the start of the season and now being injured, injuries to Denny and Ashton, Lood and Wilson yet to appear....

Plus it takes a side with so many changes a while to gel together

In the top 4 and you're wanting to sack the coaches, lol - you're definitely new to following Sale

Nah, he just knows his place. A northern team at the top of the table just isn't right, it will upset the fine balance of things.

If you let then think they can sit in the top half then what next? They'll be asking for modernised railways, decent internet and drinkable water next!

Latest posts