• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 19/20 - Round 5

Haha.

Its been a while since a "big" club got relegated. Both Quins and Saints bounced back, but that's now a decade ago and things have changed. In the current climate, what impact would relegation have on one of the traditional powerhouses - Tigers or Wasps if they were to drop? As we've seen, money helps, but if its not spent well it can cause more problems than it solves.

Worcester, London Irish and Newcastle have managed okay with smaller supporter bases, so I'd have thought that Tigers should manage. I remember around eight years ago, Cecil Duckworth said that the drop in revenue added a million to the club's operating losses suring one of Worcester's regular trips to The Championship, so maybe surviving the experience is contingent in having someone prepared to put their hand in their pocket and cover the additional shortfall. I could see it doing more damage to Wasps' business given that presumably a large chunk of their fan base are customers of an entertainment business rather than born and bred supporters.

At the other end of the table it will be pretty humiliating for Chiefs if they don't win the ***le. Although just noticed that the points diff between 1st and 4th last year was 30 points - surely Sarries can't make up enough ground to get into the play offs?

"Humiliating" is a bit strong, but it would certainly be embarrassing for all concerned if they failed to top the table. They should win the playoffs, but given the inherent variance of the format, I don't think it could be considered humiliating.

Re: Sarries, if 56 points are required for 4th spot as they were last season, they will have to average 4.35 league points from their remaining 17 matches, which seems unlikely, particularly as the tally required was (I imagine) lower than usual as outside the top and bottom two the points were pretty evenly distributed. If they continue to write off Europe and if the rumours about players not playing in the 6N turn out to be true, they have an outside change, but I'd still want a generous price on it.

I would be interested in the league attendances if Tigers went down and Falcons compared to Tigers attendances.

Heard an interesting stat on rugby union weekly podcast...Nayairavoro made more metres than 22 tigers players combined.(except May).

3weeks for JLdP
Surprised it's that low - I would have guessed 4 or 6.
I've not read the report so I'm guessing 6 week entry point halved for saying sorry or something

3weeks for JLdP
Surprised it's that low - I would have guessed 4 or 6.
I've not read the report so I'm guessing 6 week entry point halved for saying sorry or something
Would he have got anything if he hadnt gone beyond the ball? It was a shoulder to the face but he wasnt the ball carrier so had he been behind the ball with the same collision it would be the player running into him? Im just trying to work it out, as i dont think there was alot in it. It was a red but not malicious.

Would he have got anything if he hadnt gone beyond the ball? It was a shoulder to the face but he wasnt the ball carrier so had he been behind the ball with the same collision it would be the player running into him? Im just trying to work it out, as i dont think there was alot in it. It was a red but not malicious.
That was my impression watching it live but a lot of sale fans have said if you watch a replay it's pretty clear cut

Latest posts