• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 19/20 - Round 6

5MUhjBK.gif

Hogg for the Lions!

Decent performance from Sale - plenty to improve on still (darts and goal kicking still shoddy as hell) but a home win, deny the opposition a LBP, and top 4 going into Christmas? I'll take that.

Rohan and S.James played really well together, hope they can stay fit and build on that partnership cause it's really top drawer when they're both on form.

Decent performance from Sale - plenty to improve on still (darts and goal kicking still shoddy as hell) but a home win, deny the opposition a LBP, and top 4 going into Christmas? I'll take that.

Rohan and S.James played really well together, hope they can stay fit and build on that partnership cause it's really top drawer when they're both on form.
Yes outplayed today no complaints about result.

So at the moment Leicester ,Wasps and Bath are favourites for the drop. Sums up the old boy network. Things could change, but I honestly think Leicester or Wasps will go down.

Been with family and looked at the score twice during the game....at 20 min and 80 min. What the f word happened...and what the flipping heck changed for chiefs... happy with the results but from 3 trys to 1 to a big win is a decent comeback.

The only thing that is gonna save Wasps this year is the fact that England players are away and can only play a certain amount of games
as we are pants.

Jack Willis was awesome as usual and Umaga played with Fekitoa have moments but so many poor performances.
Lots of calls for Dai and coaches to go as we look rudderless.

Been with family and looked at the score twice during the game....at 20 min and 80 min. What the f word happened...and what the flipping heck changed for chiefs... happy with the results but from 3 trys to 1 to a big win is a decent comeback.

Tigers really came out of the blocks and really got the crowd behind them. They were good value for their lead at half time but couldn't replicate it in the second half and ultimately Chiefs were able to re-assert themselves to dominate. As good as Tigers were early on, it always felt inevitable.

CHIEFS SIDE TO FACE LEICESTER TIGERS

15 Stuart Hogg
14 Olly Woodburn
13 Henry Slade (capt)
12 Ollie Devoto
11 Ian Whitten
10 Gareth Steenson
9 Jack Maunder
1 Ben Moon
2 Elvis Taione
3 Harry Williams
4 Jannes Kirsten
5 Jonny Hill
6 Don Armand
7 Jacques Vermeulen
8 Matt Kvesic

16 Kyle Cooper
17 Billy Keast
18 Enrique Pieretto
19 Dave Dennis
20 Sean Lonsdale
21 Stuart Townsend
22 Sam Hill
23 Tom Hendrickson

That is a weak bench, dont rate Hendrickson at all, i know the Tigers arnt on the best form but resting Hepburn, LCD, Ewers, Simmonds, SSimmonds, White, JSimmonds, Nowell is a pretty big risk. And no Yendle and O Flaherty doesnt help. Good to see Devoto back though.

Tigers had their Eng contingent out and gave it the full kitchen sink. As you say it wasn't the Chiefs strongest side yet it still all felt a bit inevitable. The continuity and togetherness that Chiefs now have in spades used to be a Tigers hallmark.

Sarries are only 17 points back now and really don't look in the mood to be relegated.

Tigers had their Eng contingent out and gave it the full kitchen sink. As you say it wasn't the Chiefs strongest side yet it still all felt a bit inevitable. The continuity and togetherness that Chiefs now have in spades used to be a Tigers hallmark.

Sarries are only 17 points back now and really don't look in the mood to be relegated.

Chiefs do possess a certain resilience nowadays. One thing i can't fathom is having Whitten on the wing. He looks like hes running through treacle in wellies . I'd much prefer to see Short or Bodilly playing there ,of those available, at least they can side step defenders. If Whitten was going to try to sidestep he'd fall over. Good to see Devoto and Townsend back.

Rain happened.
Tigers had no plan B, instead of trying to play logical and go for 3 to keep us above 7 points we decided to kick for touch, Lineout was alright till that time but it really started to rain badly lost lineout Chiefs clear, Cheifs score, Chiefs go ahead, Tigers start to panic chase, Chiefs score another. Tigers go headless in the rain que Benny hill music.

Chiefs really didn't play any differently.

Tigers went from a high of 10 to a low of 1
Chiefs started a 8 then went to a 5 for 15 minutes, then stayed at 7/8 for the rest of the game.

Difference is Exeter is a team that knows what it will do and back it regardless of the score.

Still i'm interested to see a back row of Taufua and Thompson both fully fit.

Bright start from Bath! A bit uninventive but one our runners hitting it at pace and making ground.

And that's a try

Edit: and that's another try

Honestly, haven't watched many Bath games this year as I had a baby 10 days ago so been busy! But as I recall, as mediocre as ever
Ah, shame (about the scrummaging - congratulations on the baby :p)
I've soured massively on Mako and was hoping Obano might be the whole package rather than another great-in-the-loose-not-in-the-scrum loosehead

Ah, shame (about the scrummaging - congratulations on the baby :p)
I've soured massively on Mako and was hoping Obano might be the whole package rather than another great-in-the-loose-not-in-the-scrum loosehead

Agreed I rate him very highly, but his scrummaging is just unacceptable, even at Prem level, at international he'd be eaten alive. No real improvement in 3 years either, worryingly

Edit: and thank you!

Not looking good for London Irish...

But means we'll go into Christmas in the top 4 :D

Latest posts