• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 20/21 - Grand Final

It really is going to be a clash of styles.

I'm hoping for a Quins win of course, but I don't know how much confidence I have that we can actually pull it off.

Andre Esterhuizen will be back from his ban which could make a big difference in us getting some front foot ball.

Last edited:
As well as Nowell played at FB ,I want to see Hogg start with Jack replacing Cuthbert on the wing. Not sure its going to happen though.

As well as Nowell played at FB ,I want to see Hogg start with Jack replacing Cuthbert on the wing. Not sure its going to happen though.
I reckon it will,
Quins are a very different type of side than we are, much more room to run

Tickets are still available in the chiefs end if anyone is interested - seems they haven't been able to offload them

Something cocked up somewhere. My mate is a season ticket holder, had tickets for the final then was told they were no longer available. Suddenly there are some going again. Anyway; hope it's a cracker. Can't see Nowell moving from FB if fit - they might need someone who can tackle back there if Quins start to go over/around/through like they can. If they (Quins) get hold of the ball enough of course might be more the issue.

Last edited:
Teams are out:

HARLEQUINS: 15. Tyrone Green; 14. Louis Lynagh, 13. Joe Marchant, 12. Andre Esterhuizen, 11. Cadan Murley; 10. Marcus Smith, 9. Danny Care; 1. Joe Marler, 2. Scott Baldwin, 3. Wilco Louw, 4. Matt Symons, 5. Stephan Lewies (capt), 6. James Chisholm, 7. Jack Kenningham, 8. Alex Dombrandt. Reps: 16. Joe Gray, 17. Santiago Garcia Botta, 18. Will Collier, 19. Dino Lamb, 20. Tom Lawday, 21. Martin Landajo, 22. Ben Tapuai, 23. Luke Northmore.

EXETER: 15. Jack Nowell; 14 Alex Cuthbert, 13. Henry Slade, 12. Ollie Devoto, 11. Tom O'Flaherty; 10. Joe Simmonds (capt), 9. Jack Maunder; 1. Alec Hepburn, 2. Luke Cowan-Dickie, 3. Harry Williams, 4. Jonny Gray, 5. Jonny Hill, 6. Jannes Kirsten, 7. Richard Capstick, 8. Sam Simmonds. Reps: 16. Jack Yeandle, 17. Ben Moon, 18. Marcus Street, 19. Sean Lonsdale, 20. Don Armand, 21. Stu Townsend, 22. Harvey Skinner, 23. Stuart Hogg

Esterhuizen is a boost

Teams are out:

HARLEQUINS: 15. Tyrone Green; 14. Louis Lynagh, 13. Joe Marchant, 12. Andre Esterhuizen, 11. Cadan Murley; 10. Marcus Smith, 9. Danny Care; 1. Joe Marler, 2. Scott Baldwin, 3. Wilco Louw, 4. Matt Symons, 5. Stephan Lewies (capt), 6. James Chisholm, 7. Jack Kenningham, 8. Alex Dombrandt. Reps: 16. Joe Gray, 17. Santiago Garcia Botta, 18. Will Collier, 19. Dino Lamb, 20. Tom Lawday, 21. Martin Landajo, 22. Ben Tapuai, 23. Luke Northmore.

EXETER: 15. Jack Nowell; 14 Alex Cuthbert, 13. Henry Slade, 12. Ollie Devoto, 11. Tom O'Flaherty; 10. Joe Simmonds (capt), 9. Jack Maunder; 1. Alec Hepburn, 2. Luke Cowan-Dickie, 3. Harry Williams, 4. Jonny Gray, 5. Jonny Hill, 6. Jannes Kirsten, 7. Richard Capstick, 8. Sam Simmonds. Reps: 16. Jack Yeandle, 17. Ben Moon, 18. Marcus Street, 19. Sean Lonsdale, 20. Don Armand, 21. Stu Townsend, 22. Harvey Skinner, 23. Stuart Hogg

Esterhuizen is a boost
Surprised Hogg on the bench again but i cant wait for this one! Not look but guessing chiefs are the favourites but im scared after what they did to Bristol last week. Cannot right them off.

Can't see anything but a Chiefs win, even as a Quins fan. Exeter are going to keep it tight and id be mighty surprised if we can counter them after they've been doing it for a decade.

Looking forward to this, Quins have to be fast and loose and hope to draw Exeter into that type of match.
Discipline will be key as well.Cheifs are great from short range line outs and 5 yd pens.
I believe Quins can win but my money would go with Chiefs by 10.

my money would go with Chiefs by 10.
That's what the bookies have, too

I said a few weeks ago that I expected chiefs to take the trophy and nothings changed my opinion since
Hopefully Quins make a good game of it, but chiefs more than strong enough to strangle the life out of any side

Looking forward to this, Quins have to be fast and loose and hope to draw Exeter into that type of match.
Discipline will be key as well.Cheifs are great from short range line outs and 5 yd pens.
I believe Quins can win but my money would go with Chiefs by 10.
100% agree.

Drawing Exeter in to a loose game is probably our best chance, but it's not as though they don't have players that can thrive in that type of game too.

Saints gave a good blueprint a few weeks back. If we can make a mess of the breakdown and take out chances when they're on offer, it's not beyond our capability.

In a nutshell, I think Quins can win, but I think we need to play out of our skins and for Exeter to have a bit of an off day or lose men to the bin.

I just hope we didn't play our final in the semi.

Unless quins have magically sorted their D out in the last week I can't see how they win, Exe more often than not win with bonus points so can't see it being low scoring especially for a final, Exe generally don't drop off in the last 20 which is where quins have pinched games in recent times.

Hopefully I am wrong and quins put Exe to the sword.

Exeter have plenty of experience of the big occasions too. Refusing to get my hopes up.

I like Healy

Kanye West Shrug GIF

Latest posts