• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 20/21 - Rd 1

Looking forward to seeing Newcastle back - shame Wilson is away with England, though (and now injured via EJ camp).

I was still wondering with the cancellation of the Springboks International season that the Sale Sharks based Springboks would need to find a way to keep fit as their English Internationals remained active but not them. Did not expect this so soon.

Hoping for the Du Preez twins, Wiese, Lood and Faf to remain injury free and build up some form going into the British and Irish Lions Series.
Will be interesting to see how the tigers play with their new conditioning coach Aled Walters. I wonder if they will be a transformed side.

Also hoping Esterhuizen can put in a performance against Exeter.

Lood's going to be out for a while yet - don't think he'd due back until next spring
Wiese is also injured, but I don't think he tore anything in his knee just hyperextended it - so hopefully will be back for season start (though I've not seen him in any pre-season training pics)

I'm hoping the international call-ups and injuries to LCD and Nowell might be a leveller for Quins.

Starting the season against the champions isn't ideal, but I think we can just about match Exeter 1.5s.

I'm hoping the international call-ups and injuries to LCD and Nowell might be a leveller for Quins.
Plus Chiefs played 4 extra games - all of them very high intensity - at the tail end of last season. That's gonna take a toll on their bodies, with how short the "off season" was.

Thanks to Covid Tigers have a grand total of 1 week training for this game.....
For once though our back row looks decent
Hanro Liebenberg, Jasper Wiese, Cyle Brink, Jordan Taufua, Tommy Reffell, Luke Wallace

Starting the season against the champions isn't ideal, but I think we can just about match Exeter 1.5s.
I'd say it's the best time to face them - rusty, absent their stars, and no pressure of expectation on your own rusty players.
It probably won't be enough - but it's better than any other place in the season.

It's the relegation candidates I'm always wary of first up - playing with a point to prove and the freshest their bodies will be before the weekly grind kicks-in, physically and mentally.

Potentially a great start for Warriors. We had a pre-season game away at Saints last friday so hopefully that has helped. Only downside is we're missing Hill, Lawrence, Du Preez and Weir to internationals, a problem we're not used to having haha

Depends on who is fit, but Searle is a decent back up for Weir and a back row of Mama, Lewis and Kvesic could be pretty good.

Depends on who is fit, but Searle is a decent back up for Weir and a back row of Mama, Lewis and Kvesic could be pretty good.
They're all fit as far as I'm aware.

And now we have lost Sinoti, released from his contract for personal reasons (who admittedly was on the wane) and rumours are of a punchup with Head Coach Dave Walder.

Maybe Sinoti is as fed up as all the supporters are with the awful tactics and system...

I know it was assumed, but BT have just confirmed that all games behind closed doors this season will be televised (if that's the correct term considering half are app only).

Really hope they continue it even after doors open - they've pretty clearly got the technology/infrastructure to do it

Update for the Wasps vs Bristol Game.

Wasps without Mills, Fekitoa, Miller, Watson, Vailanu missing through injury. Rowlands, Launchbury, Robson, Minozzi away on international duty. However, Umaga and Willis could feature.

Bristol even harder hit with Thacker, Sinckler, Lahiff, Attwood, Luatua, Earl, Eadie, Hughes, Uren, Sheedy, Malins, Lloyd, Radradra, Morahan & Piutau all missing.

Team-News-Twitter-Saints-1024x576.jpg

All as expected, really
Little surprised at Hammersley on the wing, and I would've started Langdon, but overall I'm happy

EnLqqWJXIAA3i6a

Last edited:
Exeter Chiefs teams news

Exeter Chiefs

15 Facundo Cordero
14 Tom O'Flaherty
13 Ian Whitten
12 Ollie Devoto
11 Olly Woodburn
10 Joe Simmonds
9 Jack Maunder
1 Alec Hepburn