• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 20/21 - Rd 1

Fair play to Sale we didn't take advantage of indiscipline and worse at times.
No complaints as saints fan.

Not really. Rugby is a team game and it's not a direct head-to-head. As good as Simmonds was for his first try, the other two were typical Exeter mauls. Dombrandt probably did more to contribute to Quins from a defensive POV with some decent turnovers.
I respect your view but as a Neutral he was well behind S.S overall.

God I hate watching the rolling maul, but exeter have definitely managed to excel at it.

So to beat exeter you need to not give away any penalties in your own half.

Think i'll lay a bet on them winning this year and maybe next year as well.

God I hate watching the rolling maul, but exeter have definitely managed to excel at it.

So to beat exeter you need to not give away any penalties in your own half.

Think i'll lay a bet on them winning this year and maybe next year as well.
Or you could always improve as a team yourself and also excel in some aspects of the game (maybe rolling maul too) that would give you more chance of beating them.
There wasn't much of that on show by Quins tonight.

Thought Cordero looked good tonight.

Or you could always improve as a team yourself and also excel in some aspects of the game (maybe rolling maul too) that would give you more chance of beating them.
There wasn't much of that on show by Quins tonight.

Thought Cordero looked good tonight.
You stick loads in to stop the rolling maul... the carry off the side and pick and go which is just as dangerous. Was interesting listening to Rob baxter explain it on the eggchasers podcast.

You stick loads in to stop the rolling maul... the carry off the side and pick and go which is just as dangerous. Was interesting listening to Rob baxter explain it on the eggchasers podcast.
If you stick loads in the maul, it leaves you out numbered in the defensive line. So all they do is ship it wide as quickly as possible.
Or just rotate the maul and switch the point of attack, at 5 m the defensive team doesn't have the time to reorganise and you end up with a clear path to the try line.

Once a maul is set up its pretty much up to the attacker not to **** it up.

After about a minute of that video I was hearing Billy Enzen.

Most mauls that don't collapse are messed up by the attacking team not being aware of which way they are facing, rolling around until the ball carrier is at the front and he then gets bundled and the team simply don't get off him. It's pretty infuriating to watch as it seems the person at their back simply stuffs their head in the middle and drives the same direction as the people in front with no regard for what direct they are going. Can see how it happens though, at school we had a maul that ended up charging towards our own line because all the over-zealous players not at the front of it didn't have a clue which way they were facing.

Here's a question.

If at a line out, attacking team forms a mual but the defensive team does bind/ interact with said maul.
The ball is passed to the back of the maul, a defensive player tackle the front of the maul. Could the attacking team be pinged for obstruction? As there blocking the ball carrier?

I respect your view but as a Neutral he was well behind S.S overall.
Simmonds first try was stellar and he was very very good.

But put him in that Quins pack and I doubt he'd look quite as hot. Put Dombrandt or Mercer in an Exeter shirt and they'd probably look world beaters week in, week out.

Here's a question.

If at a line out, attacking team forms a mual but the defensive team does bind/ interact with said maul.
The ball is passed to the back of the maul, a defensive player tackle the front of the maul. Could the attacking team be pinged for obstruction? As there blocking the ball carrier?
Aye, you see it occasionally - the defending team will completely step back from the maul meaning the opposition can't move forward or else it's offside as they're driving into their own player
The ball (theoretically) can't be passed back unless there's opposition players binding

Mad how the only season where Redpath deserves to be in the EPS he's ignored,

Considering we don't have any inside centres in the squad he really really should be there

Spoiled a change in the build up (The wbig wind up pass to Coka), but got it in the end.
Coka did really well to work around to the open side after setting a ruck on hisnown wing

7-0, no ideas on the clock, must be about 10 min

Is TMO trying to guide towards a high tackle by Burrell? FFS.

Thankfully ignored

Latest posts