• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 20/21 - Rd 17

Ealing do have an owner with deep pockets though.

Their only chance of making an impression on the Premiership would be to buy a team full of mercenaries and even then, I doubt that would work.

I despair with the Falcons....played some really good aggressive rugby in the first half then absolutely fell to pieces in the second.

So frustrating to watch...

Ealing do have an owner with deep pockets though.

Their only chance of making an impression on the Premiership would be to buy a team full of mercenaries and even then, I doubt that would work.
London Welsh being a prime example of just how badly that can go wrong.

Interesting thing is that they were comparing Obano and Thorley's tackles. Difference for me is when Thorley hit Miller, he was dropping into the tackle but Obano was always rising to tackle Morris so don't think he could have dropped. Obano just got the technique completely wrong.

Also, can someone remind me of the pre-binding rules for 5m out, because all games during the weekend, everyone seemed to have pre-bound?

Interesting thing is that they were comparing Obano and Thorley's tackles. Difference for me is when Thorley hit Miller, he was dropping into the tackle but Obano was always rising to tackle Morris so don't think he could have dropped. Obano just got the technique completely wrong.

Also, can someone remind me of the pre-binding rules for 5m out, because all games during the weekend, everyone seemed to have pre-bound?
Pre-binding technically still illegal.
I have a feeling there's a loophole where the binding player can bind to each other, but not the carrier, butntheyre not supposed to touch the carrier before first contact with a defender.
Feeding at the scrum gets penalise about 3-4 times more often.

I've definitely seen some refs warn about pre-binding and given penalties for it. However like most areas it is inconsistently reffed. I'm sure Luke Pearce is hot on it.

Latest posts