• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 20/21 - Rd 22

Well i must admit, im looking forward to our game at Quins on Saturday.

Is it bad that im actually wondering if its better for us to be in the Champions Cup or the Tier 2 Cup...as our small squad would be better developed in the latter, and it wont affect efforts in the league next season.

Worcester v Gloucester off due to covid. Shame to end the season that way.

Really shitty for players leaving/retiring, as well
and Worcester's bank balance, losing a home game with fans

Has there been anything else said about Pat Lam incident at the end of the tigers game?

"I was hoping and I am absolutely over the moon that I received an email that there is an inquiry going on, which is fantastic," said Lam.

Strange thing to say.

I was never particularly enamoured by Lam, something about his character I didn't like.
He's looked a right t**t this week.

"I was hoping and I am absolutely over the moon that I received an email that there is an inquiry going on, which is fantastic," said Lam.

Strange thing to say.

I was never particularly enamoured by Lam, something about his character I didn't like.
He's looked a right t**t this week.
It's always struck me as odd that the media seem to see him as some kind of god that can do no wrong

In that case, how come you don't apply the same thinking when it comes to Eddie Jones?
I do. What I don't like about Eddie is his tactics that he gets wrong and selections and the nonsense he talks. There's no doubt he's improved our team but he's made some obvious mistakes.

So Afoa was simultaneously injured and uninjured - and neither claim was a lie?
What I mean is that it was probably a communication issue (from listening and reading the info). We've seen it quite a few times over the years when team manger and coach have different info.

What Lam said was fair though, he's a coach wanting to win and look after his players.

What I mean is that it was probably a communication issue (from listening and reading the info). We've seen it quite a few times over the years when team manger and coach have different info.

What Lam said was fair though, he's a coach wanting to win and look after his players.
I have a bridge to sell you.

Afoa was "tactical" until the point Lam required him "injured", then he was "injured" until it dawned on Lam that they'd be playing with 13 at which point the safety of Afoa became moot and he allowed the player to return.

I'll give Lam credit for his post-hoc rationalisation of the situation. But he straight up lied and threatened Ian Tempest. If Afoa's safety was ever a real concern Lam should have denied him the ability to return to the fray which he singularly failed to do. He then effectively passes his duty of care to John Afoa who he said made his own decision....