• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 2018/19 Round 2

There is no way they got Sopoaga cheaper than Cipriani would have stayed.
Cipriani wanted to be there, whereas wasps will have had to outbid Japanese and French clubs for Sopoaga.

Perhaps, but not every player would just take the highest offer, maybe they didn't have to outbid the French and Japanese clubs. I myself wouldn't want to live in France or Japan for example but I could move to NZ or Australia. Lima may have wanted to live in the UK over France and Japan for a variety of reasons, it's all guessing. From a playing perspective getting Sopoaga and Shields for Cips and Hask seems a pretty good deal to me, without knowing the accountants perspective.

Perhaps, but not every player would just take the highest offer, maybe they didn't have to outbid the French and Japanese clubs. I myself wouldn't want to live in France or Japan for example but I could move to NZ or Australia. Lima may have wanted to live in the UK over France and Japan for a variety of reasons, it's all guessing. From a playing perspective getting Sopoaga and Shields for Cips and Hask seems a pretty good deal to me, without knowing the accountants perspective.

Yes the draw of Coventry as a city is very big.

Dayglo is so dumb

Doyle says the ball is out but the 9 doesn't have it so the tackle is an off the ball hit and Dayglo is just going "that makes no sense how can the ball be out and it be an off the ball tackle"

That's the long and the short of it really, he's just not particularly bright.... not saying he's Forest Gump, but you know...

Pennel never passes even though constantly having adams outside him, he doesnt even look

JP incredibly clearly explains why it's not a PT

Dayglo dribbling **** and not understanding a word, again

If they got Sopoaga cheaper then I think it's good business, especially if Cips is in the England squads from now on.

Well said. In order to make that kind of statement I would want masses of privileged information and a crystal ball to reassure me that the current status quo will be maintained (as it no doubt will once Sopoaga has bedded in and Cipriani is off on England duty).

There is no way they got Sopoaga cheaper than Cipriani would have stayed.
Cipriani wanted to be there, whereas wasps will have had to outbid Japanese and French clubs for Sopoaga.

Cips wanted to be in England if he made the England squad. Otherwise he was leaving Wasps, unless Wasps bettered those Japanese and French clubs.

So Dai Young had 2 choices. Wait until the summer, and there's no one available, to see if Danny could stay (and not have him qualify for the 2nd marquee, so counting within the cap). If Danny didn't make England, and announced he was off, Dai would have been screwed.

Dai's second option was to look for a new 1st choice fly half, and if he can be 100% available and marquee, all the better.

Latest posts