• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 21/22 - Grand Final

Ashton would only be 2, he was playing for Sarries when Northampton won it wasn't he?
Technically received a winners medal for quins

I was convinced he was at Saints when they won, thought he'd won with four clubs!

Will be interesting to see how Genge and Ford and Tigers get on next season.

Personally Genge and Lam won't work IMO.
Ford and Sanderson might work but Sanderson needs to get his head out of his butt with the emotional stuff

Tigers will miss Genge, I will Pollard and Burns covers Ford leaving well

Leicester absolutely bossed Sarries for the majority of the game. Tigers absolutely dominated them at the breakdown and their defence was brilliant. I always like it when the top team wins the play-offs, it's how it should be. Good to see that for the last couple of years we've had teams win it who haven't done it for a while. Quins won it in 12 and 21, Tigers won it in 13 and 22, Saints won it in 14 and….. could it happen?!

Well done Tigers.

The RFU will have Borthers contract signed up to replace Jones post WC 2023 by Monday.

Bit of a bore fest for me , interesting only as score was close.
What happened to running rugby?
Do we really want to see Borthwicks rugby by the National team?
Remember he's schooled by EJ,whilst of course it's often a winning formula it's not the greatest thing to watch.
Yes best team on the day won, Sarries regret no doubt Barnes getting in the way looked a very good position.

Freddie Burns: "I'm gagging for a beer. I'm gagging to get on the bus with the boys and have about 3 days on the sauce with them" before apparently trading his shorts with someone in the crowd for a pint lol.

Not really what he's talking about though is it?
More the whole universesity culture that's seeping into the regular club game at lower levels

I'm not making any kind of serious comment about Burns undermining Ugo's valid concerns or anything. I just find some small humour in the juxtaposition between a prominant pundit making the news about tackling drinking culture and then a couple of days later a player talking, on ITV no less, about going on a 3 day bender and then chugging a pint he got from the crowd. I am very immature admittedly.

Are the concerns really valid though, it speaks volumes that the rugby community are (Welsh fans aside) considered responsible enough to consume alcohol in the stands where as football fans are not, I can think of many reason for Rugby not being as popular as most of us would like but I don't see that as one of them

Again: don't think he was talking about having a drink and enjoying rugby, more the culture at club level putting people off taking part in the sport

Well done Leicester.
I'm old school in that I like to see the league leaders win the cup as well.
As for the change in the culture of Rugby ? His argument falls down when you consider how many Muslims play Cricket. We all know Cricket has a very strong drinking culture itself and it doesn't seem to put too many people off playing.
I think you have to be strong enough to deal with the challenges that your culture might not totally align with that of the sport you choose to play.

There's a difference between drinking and the drinking culture he's on about though
Only have to look at the state of university rugby union (below the bucs super 10) to see that

Probably a discussion for a different thread though

There's a difference between drinking and the drinking culture he's on about though
Only have to look at the state of university rugby union (below the bucs super 10) to see that

Probably a discussion for a different thread though
I agree that it's not for further discussion here.

Bit of a bore fest for me , interesting only as score was close.
What happened to running rugby?
Do we really want to see Borthwicks rugby by the National team?
Remember he's schooled by EJ,whilst of course it's often a winning formula it's not the greatest thing to watch.
Yes best team on the day won, Sarries regret no doubt Barnes getting in the way looked a very good position.
Entertaining rarely wins world cups or tournaments....

Latest posts