• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 21/22 - Rd 1

Only thing that makes me happy about this game is it might shut up some of the smug bristol fans who harp on about how they play rugby.
Lam saying the kicking is by design, as well, won't help the apologists saying Sarries dragged them down to it

Sarries do what Sarries do love them or hate them they know how to win.
Bristol taught a lesson on what they really should have been last year.

Not a great game. Sarries very efficient and look organised. Bristol looked a bit headless once Sarries started shutting them down. Too much kicking though. Hope that's not set the tone for the season.

Wait Bristol didn't have 1 pre-season game
That explains a lot, tbh,
Though Bristol did still look poor, which must be a concern considering that wasn't a million miles from their first choice side

Same story as last season, though: Beat Bristol up, up front, and they don't know how to handle it

Wait Bristol didn't have 1 pre-season game
Correct.

This game went as expected for me given law changes, second half showed why you do not want to take risks. Front row unavailabliy crisis showed, no tight head lock may have played a role too, Leuia isn't a starting 12, Lloyd isn't a starting winger but given back 3 injury list including Morahan it isnt a surprise. Bristol ended up with so many players out of position at the end I'm not surprised the game ended as it did. Poor Bedlow was visibly confused by orders from bench as he ran on. Coaches have to take the blame for this mess, mostly.

Match turned when Bristol turned down an easy 3 to stupidly go for corner changing how they approached the match up until that point. Luatua in media saying people went off script/game plan also. Sarries just class and have a seriously good culture, noisiest bench I've heard in quite some time. Good to be at the match in person, crowd unhappy with second half reffing (some criticisms I agree with) but didn't affect the result AFAIK. Will watch videos later.

Bit much kicking and not as many tries as i would like but enjoyed that game(maybe because im just glad prem rugby is back). Was some physical hits and im glad there wasnt a red card for shoulder to head on game one.

Has there been anything official on how the refs are looking at this? As because the tackling player was deemed to be in the correct position and the players height dropped it was dismissed as no foul play. Last season that was red, maybe mitigated down to a yellow but tacklers position didnt come into it last season.

Nice by tigers, good tackle by Hodge but head on wrong side that could have been bad.

Latest posts