• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 21/22 - Rd 1

Looking forward to the season starting....hopefully quins wont have got rid of the cobwebs fully yet, and we can have a good go at them...

Mike Brown limped off on Saturday v Edinburgh...i wonder if hes not playing this game...;)

Last edited:
Hard to see past home wins all around really; especially until we know how the teams are adapting to the ELVs

Bristol sarries will be a cracker.

Can see Sarries on an emotional high coming in for a big win tbh

Yeah, looking forward to Bristol vs Saracens,

No idea how we'll go, we always start slowly after a break and are missing a few key players (starting halfback pairing, most of our leadership group/vice captains)
We usually have a pretty torrid time against Bath (losing, more often than not, and also the games are often pretty terrible) - hopefully catch them a bit cold as they had the reduced pre-season due to the rona

Frustrating that it's not on BT considering it doesn't clash, but c'est la vie

Hard to see past home wins all around really; especially until we know how the teams are adapting to the ELVs
Really?

I'll be disappointed if Quins don't come home with a win.

I fancy Tigers to do well this season but Exeter will also want to start strongly. I'd imagine their style of play will be affected by the new laws a lot more than Quins mind you.

Bristol sarries will be a cracker.

Can see Sarries on an emotional high coming in for a big win tbh
Maybe. They'll definitely be up for it. The question is whether a weakened side will have enough to beat Bristol at Ashton Gate.

I guess they have a rest week in round 2 so they can really empty the tank knowing they'll have 2wks between games.

Really?

I fancy Tigers to do well this season but Exeter will also want to start strongly. I'd imagine their style of play will be affected by the new laws a lot more than Quins mind you.
Oh, those are absolutely possible, and they certainly wouldn't be a shock; but first round, before anyone's warmed up to the new season or the new laws (which look custom-made for Leicester). Form means nothing whatsoever at this stage, and it's always hard to see past home wins in the Prem; and this year there are more variables to throw into the mix; so in terms of predictions, I'm sticking with home wins across the board.

Not 100% confident really as we havnt got the Lions lads, missing 2 4 8 13 15 is a pretty big loss. Not sure any injury situation but tigers were improving and are a good time so while would expect a win i wouldnt be surprised with a close loss.

Getting very excited, looks like some tasty matchups in week 1 ... does anyone know, will there be crowds? Does it depend on the city/country?

I've got some mixed feelings. We will put out a good team but with Biggar missing and no standout backup we could be in real trouble.
Overall we've strengthened our experience and finally got a big ball carrying 8 in but still haven't got done new props.

I've not really looked at what Gloucester have done but I'm going for a saints victory!!!

Really?

Dont underestimate this falcons side anymore BPM.

Its not the woeful side thats struggled over last 10 years or so. I think this is the strongest squad we've had in years.
We will be looking to make KP a place teams dont want to come to...not just because of the weather....;)

Exeter missing
Luke Cowan-Dickie
Jonny Hill
Jonny Gray
Dave Ewers
Jacques Vermeulen
Sam Simmonds
Stuart Hogg

Good chance for Tigers but I feel that missing Montoya, Wiese, Moroni and Van Staden will hurt.

Vermeulen is a big loss, it's between him and LCD for most important player in the Chiefs pack IMO

because of the plastic pitch, then? :p
Dont most teams have them now. I think we've had more injuries since we got it than before. Id love to see the stats.

But then it is better than the mudbath we had to cope with every bloomin winter.

Dont underestimate this falcons side anymore BPM.

Its not the woeful side thats struggled over last 10 years or so. I think this is the strongest squad we've had in years.
We will be looking to make KP a place teams dont want to come to...not just because of the weather....;)
I'm not underestimating Falcons, but as a side who have just won the Premiership, this is definitely the sort of game we should be aiming (if not expecting) to win away from home.

I don't doubt the Falcons squad has improved, but I'd still regard you guys as a side aspiring to be mid-table, rather than genuine contenders for more than that.

No disrespect intended, but any side who is aiming to at least make the play offs should be aiming to beat mid-table sides.

Vermeulen is a big loss, it's between him and LCD for most important player in the Chiefs pack IMO

Kristen is a good stand in.

Also see Simpson on loan to Sarries for a month.
Am I the only one who finds that really odd?
Even if Gloucester are backing their youngsters why would you help a rival club, Simpson might be getting on but he's still capable of helping out a team.

The only way it makes sense is if it's a trail and Saracens have the option of taking Simpson for the season freeing up cap for Gloucester.

I'm not underestimating Falcons, but as a side who have just won the Premiership, this is definitely the sort of game we should be aiming (if not expecting) to win away from home.

I don't doubt the Falcons squad has improved, but I'd still regard you guys as a side aspiring to be mid-table, rather than genuine contenders for more than that.

No disrespect intended, but any side who is aiming to at least make the play offs should be aiming to beat mid-table sides.
Thats a fair assessment of where we are. Anything more than midtable would be a bonus. However i still think as a side we do better against sides like yourselves than we tend to do against drilled sides like Exeter and Saracens.

We beat you at home last season and i think it'll be very interesting to see how this one goes.

Latest posts