• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 21/22 - Rd 10

Never a try....what do the TMOs actually watch
While I think O'Connor's hand was underneath, I also think the officials have been told to speed up the game and rely less on the TMO. Unless it was clearly held up without they go with the on field decision and Ridley said he'd seen a grounding.

Do you think that last try benefitted from the 50/22 rule? They highlighted earlier in the commentary about how much more running the backs and especially the wings are having to do. Purdy who was moved to the wing just looked like he didn't have anything at the end there.

Says something about these pitches when half the players are having to wear bandages on their knees elbows and forearms
Yeah it's stupid.

Either play on concrete, and on a steep slope, and let me and my childhood mates swoop in screaming "CARRRRRR" as we try to stop the makeshift go-cart from being run over, or maintain a grass pitch ffs.

Gloucester wins again! That's four in a row. :cool:

FFtqR0HXsAEbY7j

Last edited:
Gloucester doing well. Tbh I don't think they are massively different from previous years. I always felt that Gloucester were on the losing end of very tight games and a few points here and there would have massively changed their position.

Last year -68 points difference, which actually was a lot less than Newcastle and Worcester around them, in fact less than every team below the top 5 except Leicester.
2019/20 +2. This year their points difference is only +13, which averages less than +2 points a game.

Some of Gloucester's results this year.

Gloucester 13-16 Exeter
Gloucester 29-20 Newcastle
London Irish 25-25 Gloucester
Gloucester 33-32 Sale
Wasps 33-35 Gloucester

Even the result yesterday was actually quite close for the majority of the game until the end. I think over the last couple of years Gloucester were losing these tight games or were throwing away leads, where as this year they are winning them.

Honestly it's been a poor year prem wise standards really low.

Tigers being unbeaten (prob lose that this weekend) highlights it.

Didn't Gloucester lose v Exeter?

I think he's referring to the past 4 in all competitions which would include the 2 prem cup games (although we did beat Exeter in that comp!)

I think overall Ridley had a good game although there were a few things that were missed/strangely given but for both sides.

Very pleased with last night's result. There's still a lot of work to do but we are slowly getting there. Gotovstev is looking like a great signing despite the scepticism from a few Glos fans after it was announced. What a turnaround from where we were at the start of the year though as we would have probably lost that game last season once Bristol scored.
It was also nice to see the absence of the late collapse that has been present in a few of our Prem games this season.

Some really good games this weekend. I'm particularly looking forward to seeing how Exeter get on against Sarries later.

FFtqR0HXsAEbY7j
Skivington is quietly doing a good job. Their squad was a bit stretched last season but they made some canny, cost effective signings like Ellington and Gotovtsev and look to be well organised in defence.

Their attack needs work and the communication between the new halfbacks seems off ATM. Hastings needs quick ball and he's not really getting it from Meehan. If they can get that right, their outside backs are lethal.

Saracens win all over this one.

That backline looks pretty good...

I get my stream working 2 minutes late - and I arrive just in time to see the conversion going over...

And now I see that McNally had to withdraw, so Williams to start, Merrigan to bench

Hate this scheduling, don't know which game to watch

Looks like Saints Bath is going to be a walkover, though, so maybe not that

Exeter's discipline has been poor to start. Sarries barely having to work for field position.

See that's an example of inconsistency. If Gloucester's try that looked held up was given because there was no clear and obvious evidence to overturn it, then that should have stood. I agree, not sure he was offside, but certainly wasn't obviously offside to overturn the decision.

Latest posts