• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 21/22 - Rd 2

imagine you had a spare weekend near Brentford/staying round the corner for work and got tickets for Saturday and Sunday. 3-3 and a 31-31

They have been completely shut down in the first two games, probably a bit too early to say that they have been 'found out' but they really need to try change a few things next week.

sweating key and peele GIF

Pat Lam realising you can't just "jouer jouer" your way to the cup

They have been completely shut down in the first two games, probably a bit too early to say that they have been 'found out' but they really need to try change a few things next week.
I didn't see the Wasps game so I can't comment on round 2. Round 1 was very odd. They only tried to play for 2 or 3 phases before kicking and I'd say it was more to do with it being the gameplan rather than Saracens doing anything to particularly force them into it.

When it comes to being 'found out', I get the feeling that their defeats at the sharp end in the Premiership and Europe have made Lam question his own tactics and now we're seeing them trying to change their gameplan without it being properly bedded-in (no preseason games) and without the players to execute it.

To me it looks more like Quins when Gustard was trying to impose a style that didn't suit the players. They would be far better off going back to what they were good at.

I didn't see the Wasps game so I can't comment on round 2. Round 1 was very odd. They only tried to play for 2 or 3 phases before kicking and I'd say it was more to do with it being the gameplan rather than Saracens doing anything to particularly force them into it.

When it comes to being 'found out', I get the feeling that their defeats at the sharp end in the Premiership and Europe have made Lam question his own tactics and now we're seeing them trying to change their gameplan without it being properly bedded-in (no preseason games) and without the players to execute it.

To me it looks more like Quins when Gustard was trying to impose a style that didn't suit the players. They would be far better off going back to what they were good at.
Wasps defence was very up and in their face and it looked like they were trying to force plays to utilise their star backs. They lost a lot of front foot ball with Earl, Sinckler, Afoa and Thacker going off early. No Semi as well and they looked undercooked as not played any preseason games.

The difference b/n Exeter and Brizzle is that Exeter have that core group underneath their stars of quality prem players and it just doesn't feel like Brizzle have that when you cut away a few serious players from that team.

TBF Wasps did play very well and you can see Everard and Mitchell in tandem have worked hard with the squad.

They let us control defence and then counter which we do so well.

They don't - not against Bath.
We've been playing even worse; just against opposition who didn't really put us away.