• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 21/22 - Rd 23

Rare for BT but they're actually showing the three most interesting matchups of the round

Big weekend for Gloucester, Saints and Exeter.

Exeter have the toughest game and if they don't beat Saracens, I think 4th starts to look difficult as I'd fancy Gloucester and Saints to win.

Less of a 'must-win' for Quins but given that we only have our eggs in the one basket now, I think we'll want to bounce-back after going out of the Champions Cup. I'll be curious to see what Tigers do. A top 2 place is pretty much guaranteed, so despite being roundly dismissed last time I suggested it, I think they may well rest players where they can (they have a fair few injuries and suspensions to think about too) and prioritise their QF with Leinster. Equally, of their remaining fixtures, Quins at the Stoop is the toughest on paper. Maybe they go close to full strength for us and then rest vs. Bristol (H), Newcastle (A) and Wasps (H)?

Newcastle Falcons team v London Irish (Friday, 7.45pm, Kingston Park Stadium)

15 Tom Penny,
14 Mateo Carreras,
13 George Wacokecoke,
12 Max Wright,
11 Ben Stevenson,
10 Joel Hodgson,
9 Cameron Nordli-Kelemeti;

1 Adam Brocklebank,
2 George McGuigan,
3 Trevor Davison,
4 Philip van der Walt,
5 Sean Robinson,
6 Josh Basham,
7 Will Welch (captain),
8 Callum Chick.

Replacements: 16 Jamie Blamire, 17 Kyle Cooper, 18 Mark Tampin, 19 Freddie Lockwood, 20 Gary Graham, 21 Louis Schreuder, 22 Will Haydon-Wood, 23 Adam Radwan.

London Irish:
15 Tom Parton,
14 Kyle Rowe,
13 Curtis Rona,
12 Benhard van Rensburg,
11 Ollie Hassell-Collins,
10 Paddy Jackson,
9 Nick Phipps;

1 Will Goodrick-Clarke,
2 Agustin Creevy,
3 Ollie Hoskins,
4 Rob Simmons,
5 Adam Coleman,
6 Matt Rogerson (captain),
7 Tom Pearson,
8 Albert Tuisue.

Replacements: 16 Matt Cornish, 17 Facundo Gigena, 18 Marcel van der Merwe, 19 Steve Mafi, 20 Sean O'Brien, 21 Ben White, 22 Will Joseph, 23 Henry Arundell.

Referee: Karl Dickson.

Less of a 'must-win' for Quins but given that we only have our eggs in the one basket now, I think we'll want to bounce-back after going out of the Champions Cup. I'll be curious to see what Tigers do. A top 2 place is pretty much guaranteed, so despite being roundly dismissed last time I suggested it, I think they may well rest players where they can (they have a fair few injuries and suspensions to think about too) and prioritise their QF with Leinster.
Definitely a lot more likely since they played full strength teams vs Clermont. Before that they were prioritising the premiership over Europe

I'm off to Sarries on Sunday for my first live sport in over 2 years.

Last time I saw that fixture both sides put out much weakened teams (not reflected in the ticket price….). Not particularly bothered by the result, just hoping for a full on dust up.

Interesting Tigers selection. Slightly weird starting pack but a very good bench.

If we want to win this, we'll probably need to boss the first half rather than hoping for a late surge when Tigers have bought on Genge, Cole, Wells and Wiese.

Caps

Gloucester by 2
Irish by 4
Northampton by 1
Quins by 3
Wasps by 17
Saracens by 8

Going for Northampton +1, they've been in really good nick and it's only Bath

Is Dave Ribbans injured? And if so for how long? Dont care about Saints but my Fantasy team needs to know!

But also this hurts their chances with ribbans and Lawes broken.

Latest posts