• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 21/22 - Rd 23

Chiefs needed more points at the end of the half there. You need to kill off Saracens when you can …
We need this win and Quins to keep winning so Sarries need to keep putting out a first team and cant put out a 3rd team vs Glous as thats what i can see happening to know chiefs out.

Also can someone explain the rule for sarries taking the ball over their own line and getting held up and keeping possession in the scrum? I thought it would be the other way?

Also can someone explain the rule for sarries taking the ball over their own line and getting held up and keeping possession in the scrum? I thought it would be the other way?
Don't think He realised Good took it back having intercepted, however to have awarded it to Exe may have been harsh as I think he blew assuming it was held up before Sarries had a chance to do anything with it, (they may well have been able to clear their lines)

Exeter 12 born in New Zealand…get him into the England 12 shirt immediately.

Ps. Sarries player well off his feet there

If that was in an England shirt that would have been a kick not a pass from Faz.

This is so fustrating! We are playing well but we constantly get turned over at the breakdown!

Based on that it's going to take something special to beat Sarries, some dubious decisions without a doubt, they looked like that had more in them if required and Without MI, think Exe miss LCD and his carrying at times.

This is so fustrating! We are playing well but we constantly get turned over at the breakdown!
Same as Europe, Exeter seem to put little to no emphasis on the breakdown and teams are exploiting it. It's almost like they simply assume the other team are going to play nice and let them run their moves after getting set up again and they are looking ahead at what they will do after they get the ball back rather than there here and now. England suffer exactly the same problem, to busy repositioning for the next phase and nobody actually dealing with the more immediate concerns. It's understandable to get caught out by it once or twice but Exeter are now getting caught out at the breakdown against pretty much every competent team they play.

I hate the Bears. Not really, beating Gloucester by just one point hurts like a karate kick to the head, but I'll get over it. Kudos Bristol.

Last edited:
Main conclusions from my trip to the StoneX.

Sarries culture still looks in fine fettle. Never easily beaten and played some nice stuff too. For most of the second half they were just toying with Chiefs and that's without the likes of Mako, Itoje, Lozowski and Malins. I wouldn't be putting any money against them lifting the ***le.

Earl looks like he's been working hard on the less glamorous stuff and, as we saw from his try, still has serious gas. Close up you can see that he's grown a hell of a pair of shoulders. Might not be in Jones' tenure but he'll come again for Eng.

Sadly couldn't make the game against Chiefs, but having watched the match on BT replay, it looked to be a cracking fixture.

I was worried that with Exeter out of Europe, that they might really be gunning for it, and certainly in the first half it looked like they could make life difficult. For some reason though Exeter switched off in the third quarter and that was where the game was ultimately won. I'd be curious to know why they didn't maintain or step up the pressure as that will surely irritate Baxter.

There were certainly some iffy decisions by the ref (for both sides, there could have been a yellow for each side arguably), but Exeter didn't help themselves by accumulating so many (16 v 7) that sets a hard tone to change.

Latest posts