• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 21/22 - Rd 4

We've got the du Preez twins back in town as of yesterday - not sure if they'll be available for this weekend but hopefully they will be
Imagine they'll be chomping at the bit to play some rugby after being on the sidelines since early summer
Will definitely help ease our injury woes/ease the pressure on the starters (Cobus must be running on fumes atm)

Think Raffi might be back as well - apparently his issue was a bruised bone, which is usually a standard steroid shot into the area and you're good to play, but because he'd only just had his 2nd vaccine shot he couldn't get the steroid shot for two weeks as you can't mix the two

Is Itoje back for Sarries this weekend?

Do fear for us somewhat with it being their first home game of the season, hoping Brown is available and that we get Robinson/Mulipola back in the pack.

Is Itoje back for Sarries this weekend?
I think there's another two rest weeks - I've got week commencing the 18th in my head for some reason
Though with some Lions playing this weekend maybe that's gone out the window now

Not hugely confident after last weekend. Not quite sure where we stand with the squad. Played Brizzle off the park but didn't turn up against Falcons so Saints result could be any guess. This is especially challenging with Simmonds/Spink as potentially our only fit centres.

If last weeks effort was anything to go by, we'll get thumped this week. If we can pick ourselves up then we might stand a chance of making it close

Based upon the games played so far, Quins should be looking at a home win, but I have a feeling Bristol will want to raise their game and get some revenge for the semi-final.
Not hugely confident after last weekend. Not quite sure where we stand with the squad. Played Brizzle off the park but didn't turn up against Falcons so Saints result could be any guess. This is especially challenging with Simmonds/Spink as potentially our only fit centres.
I wouldn't be too worried. Falcons are a decent side, particularly at home. No shame in a narrow defeat. I fancy Wasps vs. Saints to be a good, open game.

Spink looked good, bit of game time could work wonders long term, think we might struggle the first quarter but with the fire power to come back from injury wouldn't be surprised to see a descent climb slightly later, Robson being absent with no descent stand-in should no longer be an issue.

Yep. Hougaard is a quality player.

If Wasps can be competitive for the first half of the season having Jack Willis, Barbeary, Odogwu and Launchbury to come back in is quite a set of reinforcements to make a late push.

Tuilagi not playing this weekend because of Gloucester's new plastic pitch
Angry Season 3 GIF by SuccessionHBO

Yep. Hougaard is a quality player.

If Wasps can be competitive for the first half of the season having Jack Willis, Barbeary, Odogwu and Launchbury to come back in is quite a set of reinforcements to make a late push.
TBF you make very valid points. I think it's more the not capitalising on the 14 men which is slightly irritating.

The injury list at the moment is crazy. J Willis, Barbeary, Odogwu, Launchbury, Fekitoa, Mills, Le Booj, Gopps, Miller, Vukasonivc, Atkinson, Minozzi is a crazy injury list.

Hougaard is back which is great news and so are West, Scholtz, Young and Carr are great returnees.

TBF you make very valid points. I think it's more the not capitalising on the 14 men which is slightly irritating.

The injury list at the moment is crazy. J Willis, Barbeary, Odogwu, Launchbury, Fekitoa, Mills, Le Booj, Gopps, Miller, Vukasonivc, Atkinson, Minozzi is a crazy injury list.

Hougaard is back which is great news and so are West, Scholtz, Young and Carr are great returnees.
Used to see occasional updates on injury expected return dates, but I either always miss these now or Wasps don't really share this anymore.

I mention this because… when on earth is Mills ever due to play again?!

Harlequins Starting XV
1. Joe Marler (227), 2. Jack Walker (2), 3. Simon Kerrod (46), 4. Matt Symons (65), 5. Dino Lamb (50), 6. Tom Lawday (41), 7. Jack Kenningham (14), 8. Alex Dombrandt (78) - Captain, 9. Danny Care (308), 10. Tommy Allan (2), 11. Cadan Murley (50), 12. Andre Esterhuizen (21), 13. Joe Marchant (115), 14. Louis Lynagh (15), 15. Tyrone Green (23)

Impact Players
16. Sam Riley (3), 17. Fin Baxter (3), 18. Will Collier (189), 19. Hugh Tizard (15), 20. James Chisholm (113), 21. Scott Steele (17), 22. Marcus Smith (110), 23. Luke Northmore (29)

Bristol Bears team to face Harlequins at The Stoop on Friday, October 8th (7.45pm KO):
15. Charles Piutau; 14. Niyi Adeolokun, 13. Piers O'Conor, 12. Sam Bedlow, 11. Henry Purdy; 10. Callum Sheedy, 9. Harry Randall; 1. Yann Thomas, 2. Jake Kerr, 3. Kyle Sinckler, 4. Joe Joyce, 5. Chris Vui, 6. Fitz Harding, 7. Jake Heenan, 8. Steven Luatua (c).

System players: 16. Harry Thacker, 17. Jake Woolmore, 18. Max Lahiff, 19. Ed Holmes, 20. Dan Thomas, 21. Andy Uren, 22. Ioan Lloyd, 23. Alapati Leiua.

Impact vs System, who will win?!

I reckon Quins will win this handily, tbh

Used to see occasional updates on injury expected return dates, but I either always miss these now or Wasps don't really share this anymore.

I mention this because… when on earth is Mills ever due to play again?!
Cov Telegraph and Bobby Bridge are my usual points. Blackett has pencilled him in for a christmas return with Launchbury. He had an op on a broken bone in his foot and then had to have a second op.

Harlequins Starting XV
1. Joe Marler (227), 2. Jack Walker (2), 3. Simon Kerrod (46), 4. Matt Symons (65), 5. Dino Lamb (50), 6. Tom Lawday (41), 7. Jack Kenningham (14), 8. Alex Dombrandt (78) - Captain, 9. Danny Care (308), 10. Tommy Allan (2), 11. Cadan Murley (50), 12. Andre Esterhuizen (21), 13. Joe Marchant (115), 14. Louis Lynagh (15), 15. Tyrone Green (23)

Impact Players
16. Sam Riley (3), 17. Fin Baxter (3), 18. Will Collier (189), 19. Hugh Tizard (15), 20. James Chisholm (113), 21. Scott Steele (17), 22. Marcus Smith (110), 23. Luke Northmore (29)

Bristol Bears team to face Harlequins at The Stoop on Friday, October 8th (7.45pm KO):
15. Charles Piutau; 14. Niyi Adeolokun, 13. Piers O'Conor, 12. Sam Bedlow, 11. Henry Purdy; 10. Callum Sheedy, 9. Harry Randall; 1. Yann Thomas, 2. Jake Kerr, 3. Kyle Sinckler, 4. Joe Joyce, 5. Chris Vui, 6. Fitz Harding, 7. Jake Heenan, 8. Steven Luatua (c).

System players: 16. Harry Thacker, 17. Jake Woolmore, 18. Max Lahiff, 19. Ed Holmes, 20. Dan Thomas, 21. Andy Uren, 22. Ioan Lloyd, 23. Alapati Leiua.

Impact vs System, who will win?!

I reckon Quins will win this handily, tbh
Yeah i agree, this feels a very Quins game. Just the casual Lion on the bench....

Does anyone else feel for some reason Brizzle team just doesn't scare me as much as it did. I know they haven't changed too many players and the likes of Randall, Piutau, Sheedy, Sinckler, Vui and Luatua are very good but..... the rest of the team... i'm really not that scared of if i was facing man to man. If i was to compare those XV's i'd pick probably pick 10 Quins compared to Bristol (i'd move Luatua to 6 rather than 8 and have big Dom and would have Smith over Allan or Sheedy if including benches)

Love the signing of Walker and promotion of Riley (both uber talented and such a good money saving tactic)

Does anyone else feel for some reason Brizzle team just doesn't scare me as much as it did.
The game plan to beat them is out there, just have to follow it
After we nullified them in our first game vs them last season, I felt very confident about the 2nd
For all their flash there's very little grit (lots of ****le, though...) get them in an arm wrestle and they don't know what to do with themselves

The game plan to beat them is out there, just have to follow it
After we nullified them in our first game vs them last season, I felt very confident about the 2nd
For all their flash there's very little grit (lots of ****le, though...) get them in an arm wrestle and they don't know what to do with themselves
Yes i'd agree with that. Lot's of money spent on Charles, Steven, Kyle and Semi but maybe less elsewhere.

Funny how both Bath and Wasps "didht turn up" after defeats to us...guess weve been lucky.

Cant see us getting much from this game though.

Maybe a few million spare from the Saudis will roll up the road to KP. Apparently they're looking to invest in all the sports teams in the area...

Funny how both Bath and Wasps "didht turn up" after defeats to us...guess weve been lucky.

Cant see us getting much from this game though.

Maybe a few million spare from the Saudis will roll up the road to KP. Apparently they're looking to invest in all the sports teams in the area...
TBF i think my analysis of the game is very much the same as Wasps vs Bristol. One team were excellent and worked very hard but as a fan of your own team, you can be disappointed in the performance.

The inability to close out a game vs 14 men is irritating but tbf Newcastle were entirely better round the park.

Latest posts