• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 22/23 - Rd 3

How crucial was that Jack Willis yellow
he is defiantly one that can turn the tide, but his yellow did occur during a period where Wasps were hugely under pressure, I do think Bath will come good eventually at some point like some clubs they have a rich history and a great local fan base, some clubs will always survive the worst.

he is defiantly one that can turn the tide, but his yellow did occur during a period where Wasps were hugely under pressure, I do think Bath will come good eventually at some point like some clubs they have a rich history and a great local fan base, some clubs will always survive the worst.
The thing is Jack is player that can make a BIG play at any moment...turnover etc.

Where does Tom rank in England's 8s at the moment. I think he's class.

For me it's him v Dombrandt.

The thing is Jack is player that can make a BIG play at any moment...turnover etc.

Jack certainly is that, he is legitimately a game changer scary thing is if not for a couple of horrific injury's could actually be even better.

For me Tom is in the mix with Billy and Dombrandt and you would probably choose according to the game plan required, for me Billy will run into massively heavy traffic and of late reasonably effectively which few are capable, if you are playing a slightly more expansive game and want smart lines Dombrandt is your man, I see Willis as somewhere in between he does carry in heavy traffic more than Dombrandt but uses shuttle steps and takes more glancing contact allowing him to stride bough rather than relying on being a battering ram, currently it's only really EJs opinion that counts and I think he is content with the existing setup with Curry and Ludlum covering if need be.

Nice little dig at Wasps from Walder over Will Haydon-Wood..

"I believe we've got a great ethos about doing things the right way, building through our academy and promoting local talent, although yeah, I'll admit it's frustrating when you make an offer for a player but you get blown out of the water by clubs who then go on to experience financial difficulty."
An entirely fair point. Totally agree with him.

So do I. Unfortunately, I think the answer to your question is currently 'nowhere'. I might be wrong, but I don't think he's even made a training squad. Nothing against Chick (who I think is a good player, but not good enough for England), but honestly, how has he been picked ahead of Tom Willis?

Yep. I agree on that. Odendaal looks like a very good signing so far.

Taking aside the nuts and bolts (which he's doing very well), he's already got an excellent debut try and a lovely offload assist for his highlight reel.

Esterhuizen has been massive for Quins but even he didn't start as well as that.

Doesn't matter how many hands he went for it with, he knocked it towards his own tryline which is allowed
I don't think any of the officials even mentioned that it went backwards did they?

"No need to look at it again, he was trying to catch it with two hands"

In my opinion there, if you think he was trying to catch it then you DO need to look at it again.

love premiership commentators actually taking time to break down plays instead of the bledisloe "boomfah, big hit, ref sucks" over and over again

Latest posts