• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership semi (giggle giggle)

Sorry, but the video evidence clearly says otherwise. The Farrell punch is clear as day. He doesn't take any but he certainly throws.

I'm not sure Marler's comments qualify as 'trash talking'. I'll use less colourful language than he did but I think a lot of people agree that your ground is rubbish and it's factually correct to say your pitch is plastic.

I'm not disputing that Farrell landed a punch on Marchant or that he shouldn't be punished. What I want though is consistency. Waving away punches elsewhere on the pitch, where players are walking away with blood pouring down their face isn't good. It also escalates the game in the wrong way.

Rewatching the game at 57mins you can clearly see just before the camera moves to McFarland, Symons goes to punch Farrell. Ugo even noted that needed to be seen again. Then later on at the 74min mark, Symons goes in again with the commentators commenting that he needs to cool down.

The irony is that if Marler did the talking on the pitch he wouldn't come across as a plum, instead he looked unfit, lethargic and out of his depth. Anyways, onto the final, tickets in-hand!

Waving away punches elsewhere on the pitch, where players are walking away with blood pouring down their face isn't good
He was bleeding from the beginning of the game, well before Symons the vaseline just wasn't very effective. You see an arm swing from Symons but never if he hits him.

What you do see is Faz punching marchant in the face on camera and next to an AR.

Symonds definitely punched Farrell, you're giving him far too much benefit of the doubt :p

Farrell definitely punched Marchant though, so you're both right/wrong

Farrell should be banned and it's a joke he hasn't been tbh - see players sent off for a seat belt tackle but a punch the head is ok?

I'm not disputing that Farrell landed a punch on Marchant or that he shouldn't be punished. What I want though is consistency. Waving away punches elsewhere on the pitch, where players are walking away with blood pouring down their face isn't good. It also escalates the game in the wrong way.

Rewatching the game at 57mins you can clearly see just before the camera moves to McFarland, Symons goes to punch Farrell. Ugo even noted that needed to be seen again. Then later on at the 74min mark, Symons goes in again with the commentators commenting that he needs to cool down.

The irony is that if Marler did the talking on the pitch he wouldn't come across as a plum, instead he looked unfit, lethargic and out of his depth. Anyways, onto the final, tickets in-hand!
You mean the final no-one apart from you and the other 10 Saracens fans wants you to win?

I think Marler is far more popular than the majority of Saracens players and has done plenty of talking on the pitch. Sure, he didn't have a brilliant game on Saturday, but out of his depth? Are you for real?

I should add - nothing personal @Arcturus - I just intensely dislike he club you support.

Last edited:
You mean the final no-one apart from you and the other 10 Saracens fans wants you to win?

I think Marler is far more popular than the majority of Saracens players and has done plenty of talking on the pitch. Sure, he didn't have a brilliant game on Saturday, but out of his depth? Are you for real?

I should add - nothing personal @Arcturus - I just intensely dislike he club you support.
I have no more objection to Sarries winning to Leicester, not really sure why anyone else would except the pantomime villain thing they have going on.

He was bleeding from the beginning of the game, well before Symons the vaseline just wasn't very effective. You see an arm swing from Symons but never if he hits him.

What you do see is Faz punching marchant in the face on camera and next to an AR.

It's irrelevant who does or doesn't want Saracens (or Leicester) to win, the final will be won by the team that performs on the pitch.

I suspect many people don't know who Marler is, other than being the guy who fondled Wyn Jones manhood. Perhaps he has played well in other games this season, but on Saturday he came off badly. Whether it was the missed tackles or the absence of energy which meant he had to keep taking a break, perhaps the season took its toll and he had nothing left in the tank. Just surprised that he wasn't subbed earlier.

Actually if you really scrutinise that video, it looks like Farrell swings for Northmore immediately followed by Symons swinging for him.

BTW I'm not excusing anything Symons did. I'd rather our players weren't swinging for anyone.

Come on Tigers.

It's irrelevant who does or doesn't want Saracens (or Leicester) to win, the final will be won by the team that performs on the pitch.

I suspect many people don't know who Marler is, other than being the guy who fondled Wyn Jones manhood. Perhaps he has played well in other games this season, but on Saturday he came off badly. Whether it was the missed tackles or the absence of energy which meant he had to keep taking a break, perhaps the season took its toll and he had nothing left in the tank. Just surprised that he wasn't subbed earlier.

Cheers for the video that illustrates exactly what I said?

Actually if you really scrutinise that video, it looks like Farrell swings for Northmore immediately followed by Symons swinging for him.

BTW I'm not excusing anything Symons did. I'd rather our players weren't swinging for anyone.

Come on Tigers.
You could interpret that as Farrell looking to swing, pull the player off Earl, raise his hands in the air, etc… of course any of those interpretations are moot because Symons came in and delivered two punches before Farrell did anything. Had Symons been sent off with 23mins to play the entire complexion of the match would have altered; the score line divergence would probably have been higher and there probably would have been no Farrell-Marchant incident.

You could interpret that as Farrell looking to swing, pull the player off Earl, raise his hands in the air, etc… of course any of those interpretations are moot because Symons came in and delivered two punches before Farrell did anything. Had Symons been sent off with 23mins to play the entire complexion of the match would have altered; the score line divergence would probably have been higher and there probably would have been no Farrell-Marchant incident.
Show me Symons punching Faz? Still only seen a clip of a swinging arm

I'm not a Sarries fan but you really have to admire their attitude and sheer bloody mindedness. Irrespective of anything else they're just wired to fight and win. You can't buy that.

I'm not a Sarries fan but you really have to admire their attitude and sheer bloody mindedness. Irrespective of anything else they're just wired to fight and win. You can't buy that.
Have to wonder if in parts Bristols rapid decline vs last year is in part to loosing the Sarries loaned players.

I think Symons does punch Farrell once. Not twice. I've watched that clip over and over and it looks to me as though the first swinging arm is Farrell towards Northmore, immediately followed by Symons'. Ultimately it is a moot point, but my aim is purely to establish the facts not to exonerate Symons.

All the incidents were handbags,naughty boys need their bums smacked.
Kind of thing seen all the time no need for cards for this stuff.
Over the weekend Potter was probably the luckiest as his swinging arm was mitigated down to yellow.
No complaints but his swinging was still high if no dip.

People don't know who the 1st choice england loose head is?

All the incidents were handbags,naughty boys need their bums smacked.
Kind of thing seen all the time no need for cards for this stuff.
Over the weekend Potter was probably the luckiest as his swinging arm was mitigated down to yellow.
No complaints but his swinging was still high if no dip.

Porter not potter

And Biggar was on his knees more than Wendy from breaking bad