• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

PRM2 screens

Originally posted by aussie1st@Dec 23 2004, 04:00 PM
maybe stade de france?
Those graphics look very much like Stacey Jones Rugby graphics the players, the difference in capacity in stadiums is very much stacey jones rugby.
lol u compare those players to stacey jones rugby league players, i can draw better looking people with a crayon

Originally posted by neh+Dec 23 2004, 05:50 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (neh @ Dec 23 2004, 05:50 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-aussie1st
@Dec 23 2004, 04:00 PM
maybe stade de france?
Those graphics look very much like Stacey Jones Rugby graphics the players, the difference in capacity in stadiums is very much stacey jones rugby.
lol u compare those players to stacey jones rugby league players, i can draw better looking people with a crayon [/b]
Yes, but Stacey Jones is an arcade style game, whereas this is a management sim.

yea u're right there graphics don't need to be that good for a managment game. But for a manager game it is the first rugby game that seems to have the idea where the stadiums aren't fill for every game.

Originally posted by aussie1st@Dec 24 2004, 06:34 PM
yea u're right there graphics don't need to be that good for a managment game. But for a manager game it is the first rugby game that seems to have the idea where the stadiums aren't fill for every game.
Maybe HB studios should take heed

Originally posted by umosay+Dec 24 2004, 05:57 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umosay @ Dec 24 2004, 05:57 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-aussie1st
@Dec 24 2004, 06:34 PM
Maybe HB studios should take heed [/b]
Would the unions they obtain the licenses off agree to seeing their stadiums half empty? I don't know, it might not be a good look for them.

Originally posted by Wally+Dec 24 2004, 07:27 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Dec 24 2004, 07:27 PM)</div>
Originally posted by umosay@Dec 24 2004, 05:57 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-aussie1st

Would the unions they obtain the licenses off agree to seeing their stadiums half empty? I don't know, it might not be a good look for them. [/b]
As if they care, it's a game lol!

If it's realistic, what's wrong with it?

Originally posted by umosay+Dec 24 2004, 07:23 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umosay @ Dec 24 2004, 07:23 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Wally@Dec 24 2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by umosay@Dec 24 2004, 05:57 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-aussie1st

Would the unions they obtain the licenses off agree to seeing their stadiums half empty? I don't know, it might not be a good look for them.
As if they care, it's a game lol!

If it's realistic, what's wrong with it? [/b]
Well I guess it's similar to how the car companies don't want their cars smashed up in games.

Originally posted by aussie1st@Dec 25 2004, 06:41 AM
lol good point, i wonder how Stacey Jones Rugby managed it.
I haven't played Stacey Jones, but I take it that you can take a team through a competitive league, be it NRL or Super. Is it the same, then, as the EA games where during your league play, if your team plays well, more spectators turn out to show?

I'm making my way through NCAA Football 2004 right now and enjoying the hell out of it. (yes, 2004, cause it was only 10 bucks). It's brilliant -- when your team plays well, more people come out and your next match might get nationally televised (virtually, obviously). Great stuff.

yep u play a full season...but sum of the crowds are just random...my first home game was pack and then i made my way to the grand final and the stadium wasnt even packed...it felt like playing in front of a club game crowd(u know just your families and friends watching)...
i would love to play ncaa football...my brother told me that u can convert the players from this game to the madden games...true?...

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Dec 28 2004, 11:00 AM
yep u play a full season...but sum of the crowds are just random...my first home game was pack and then i made my way to the grand final and the stadium wasnt even packed...it felt like playing in front of a club game crowd(u know just your families and friends watching)...
i would love to play ncaa football...my brother told me that u can convert the players from this game to the madden games...true?...
Apparently so. After your players graduate university, you can save the graduating class and draft them into your NFL season. Luckily I don't have any of the NFL games cause I can barely get my head around this virtual living thing.

I'm playing a franchise and after my first year (a not great/missed getting into a Bowl 5 - 7 record) I had to go recruit players from high schools. We're talking assloads of players from all 50 states, some expressing interest in your school (so you don't have to recruit too heavily) and some that are great and not interested in your school so you have to use up your points to virtually visit them and say how great your school is, how much playing-time they'll get, etc.

It's crazy.

But now I'm 6 - 0 and ranked 12th in the country. They're talking of renewing my contract. Just beat the evil assheads from Nebraska. They were ranked 6th, I was at 20. Nationally televised and in Nebraska. Felt so damn good.

Kinda back to topic -- it's great having half empty stadiums cause it spurs you, the gameplayer, to play better. Well, maybe not play better, but there is definitely more of a feel that you are in control of this one teams destiny, as it were.

I don't think there's really much point in having half empty stadiums in Union because the big tournaments are instant draws, well Internationals, at least. It'd be cool if they could 'track' to where everytime you play as Japan, and win, against top competition, the crowds start coming out more and more for your tours. And then, in your last home match against the All Blacks, the entire stadium is filled with geisha girls.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
<