• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

PRM2

T

toup

Picked up the game on Friday and have to say i've been pleasantly surprised. It's come on a fair bit since last year's game and the addition of increased control at set pieces as well as the set plays have made it a very worthwhile game to play (on 3D mode of course!) Haven't really tried the 2D mode but found it pretty boring looking... leave that for footy manager! The licensed ZP is a nice touch (take note EA!) and I've found that results have been pretty accurate so far with scoring and stopping tries now that bit more satisfying- definately feel more in control this year!

The management side of it all seems very nice too, although with games taking so long to complete I haven't done too much of that other than make a few signings!

Just wanted to know what the rest of you who have the full version think (never played the demo but know a few were disappointed!). I know it's gonna keep me going until Rugby 2005!

Great comments there 'Toup'

I havent got the game yet, but after reading what u you've just said I am defenatly gonna consider on buying it now!#

Great Stuff 'Toup'

I might get it, but seeing as I won't be able to use the 3D mode I need to hear more about the 2D mode.

Any chance you could try it out Toup and maybe give some feedback on it? That would be a great help.

Yes BlueBirds... you have to get promoted from NPC first

My copy should be here this week sometime

You can play as a S12 side in a one off friendly but to manage them u have to get promoted from the NPC. Dunno if it makes a difference but the S12 sides aren't licensed so you have players like 'Mohrtens' and thing like that. I do guarantee however that a fan made patch will fix those names and kits very shortly!

Having tried 2D mode I would say it's still fun but doesn't offer the control of the 3D mode and not sure i'd get the game just for 2D mode. You still get so say where u want lineout ball thrown and choose set pieces, but you can't give individual instructions to players or tarket kicks in open play like on 3D mode. It depends how much you are into the management side because whilst it's not as in depth as games like football manager, there is a lot you can fiddle with to make up for a slightly reduced depth in the actual game (if you play 2D mode rather than 3D).

Hope that helps anyone, any more questions i am happy to help

I've got the game - but I can't play it!

I install the actual game itself fine, but when it comes to installing DirectX 9.0c I get a message saying 'Necessary cabinet file for installation not found'.

HELP!

What can I do?

Have u got 2 drives in your computer?

If u have, then try installing it in your other drive.

Also you could try installing the game & when it asks to install DirectX 9.0c, click no & download it off the direct x website.

I think that all Direct X does is make the game look better. There should be a recent Direct x on your computer & it should run the game ok
<

Got mine a few days ago, having issues with the disc, gotta send it back to the UK.

On the positive side, they're sending me out a new free copy, and a free copy of Cycling Manager 4.

This company is far too generous. Last year I won 10 games, this year they gave me a free copy of PRM2 (which didn't work) for displaying their banner on my site, now a second free copy of PRM 2, and another free game.

Which equals 13 games free for me!!!

Originally posted by JJ-@Mar 5 2005, 10:02 AM
Got mine a few days ago, having issues with the disc, gotta send it back to the UK.

On the positive side, they're sending me out a new free copy, and a free copy of Cycling Manager 4.

This company is far too generous. Last year I won 10 games, this year they gave me a free copy of PRM2 (which didn't work) for displaying their banner on my site, now a second free copy of PRM 2, and another free game.

Which equals 13 games free for me!!!
Right then..

I am changing my sig & avatar to PRM2 to see if I can get any freebies!
<

pro rugby manager 2 forums

this is the official forum for this game, here you'll find information about a real name database changing all the player and teams names, there's also a section which tells you how to change all the badges and logos to the official ones, i.e. the european championship and its logos changed to the heineken cup and official logo, celtic leagues, and almost all teams are avaliable to alter.
<

I have played quite a few sport management games and I would say that without a doubt Pro Rugby Manager would be the worst that I have ever played and I actually feel robbed when I think of how I actually spent money on it.

Fair enough that it was their first attempt at a rugby sim game but I mean - come on - you could have based the gui on one of the many football games and built something from there. The game was poorly designed and had so many faults and bugs in it. Not being able to manage any of the non-Australian Super 12 sides was a complete joke and having anything but 100% success when managing a national side resulting in being sacked was pathetic. I won every game in the Tri-Nations except for the last (meaningless) game - I had already won the cup - and got fired.

Even if PRM2 was the best game ever I wouldn't play even if you sent me a copy of it just because of the patheticness of the original.

Originally posted by JJ-@Mar 5 2005, 10:02 AM
WOAH!

i wish i had cycling manager 4

<

I'm sure you do wish you had it.

Anyway, several months later and no game, but I'm not that upset.

seriously cycling manager4...im suprised they made a first version let alone 2,3 and 4....

unless u can ride lowrider bikes that wud be SWEEEEETTTTT!!!!

I have kind of changed my tune now and have decided that I may look into buying PRM2 - although not until I have read some reviews and made sure that it is not as bug-infested as the first.

It reminded me of when I was learning to program with Visual Basic and I wrote a very basic Rugby Management game. Because I had limited time and research tools I had to keep it pretty simple. I had the Tri-Nations and then the Six Nations followed by a world championship and it would just repeat every season forever. Each nation would have a reasonable roster of real players and every year depending on the nation's strength and success randomly generated players would appear and older players would retire. There would be scouts and media outlets suggesting players to pick and each player would have statsitics tha could be viewed - some of these would be hidden.

Playing the game would be text driven and there wasn't a lot of text but enough to let you know what was going on.

Most of my mates loved the game and I found it quite challenging even though I knew how the game engine was designed - after all I designed it. Ha-ha! It was a basic A beats B beats C beats D beats E beats F beats G beats A kind of thing and you had to work out how the other side was playing and then play a tactic that could beat it. Very simple but effective and I couldn't believe that I could make a game yet a professional studio would struggle.

Crazy huh!?

Maybe I should try and find my program and develop it further. Great fun to play at work when you are suppossed to be working.

i know everyones blaggin about who good rugby 06 could be, has anyone played pro rugby manager 2 for the PC. I think its probably the best rugby game currently on the market. An indepth realistic career combined with fairly exciting game play of ten missed out by most managment sims! You also play basially every comeptition worth playing.