• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

PRO14 Round 7 - November 22nd & 23rd

That's what a scoreline should look like when you dominate possession, a few lessons for Andy Farrell there as to what your halfbacks and midfield need to be doing for you.

Harry Byrne is ready, a few uncharacteristically loose kicks yesterday have been the only mistakes he's made this international period. He needs Heineken Cup rugby at least before the year's out.

Byrne-Frawley axis has worked really well. With all the injuries at centre Frawley could well end up playing 12 for Europe whoever's at 10. Might not have much of a choice either if Henshaw and Ringrose are still out. JOB has to be in the European 23 as well, hope his injury wasn't too bad.

Obviously it's different from Ireland-England due to the standard of opposition but they weren't entirely dissimilar games, both featured a team with a lot of ball without necessarily winning too many collisions, one had nothing going on at 10 and two boshers in the centre, the other had playmakers at 12 and 15. Credit to Cardiff for making it an actual game of rugby despite the scoreline.

Other than that, Ruddock has been great, played his way back into the first team. Baird should be in the Ireland squad. Josh Murphy has improved hugely since the shutdown.

Some very physical defence from Glasgow. Conditions and field position regularly letting them to get three tackles on ball.

Well worked maul shift there for the try though.

Edit: the wind made that a very interesting conversion.

Some very physical defence from Glasgow. Conditions and field position regularly letting them to get three tackles on ball.

Well worked maul shift there for the try though.

Edit: the wind made that a very interesting conversion.

Good first half. I'm hoping for a Glasgow upset.

Last edited:
I'd say there will be sweet FA rugby played in Glasgow tonight. Looks rotten
It like being in a blizzard in hell. Only it Glasgow here so ..........

Our pack playing well but Coombes really forcing his way in to 1st XV.

9&10 we are seeing a new era being born. And Haley superb at 15

Don't know why Ioane is throwing the strop there. Dives on Casey and tries to trip, absolutely fair for Coombes to come in. Very petty refusing the handshake.

Coombes is on a really great run.

Also Kleyn taking four players out of that maul was very impressive.

If you couldn't tell I'm very happy with that result. The pack have a lot about them now. The discipline needs serious work though. Kleyn gave away a few, but glad to see our kids got the better of the ****le against a team we always have a battle with. Coombes very good, rightly the MOTM, with another try and I think 2/3 turnover penalties. Wycherley did a good job. De Allende is a great signing, he is not afraid to mix it up in that weather and get involved in the scraps either. Casey did well I thought. Not much of the sniping but managed the game as he had to. Mike Haley was excellent and answered all the questions asked of him.

Not Healy's most vintage performance. He was good with ball in hand but a lot of things didn't come off. Defensively we fell off a few too many tackles for my liking as well, but I'd imagine some of the backs were frozen out there. As I already said the discipline will lose us big games if it's not improved.

PRO14 finally got around to posting this one, a day later.

Latest posts