• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

protien shake

Conal

First XV
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Ulster
im looking to bulk up for next season im going into the u19 and i was wondering would it be worth getting protein shakes to go with my gym membership???

they build up muscle, but when you stop trainig that muscle will turn to fat. so in the long term it can be a problem.

They don't build muscle, they provide extra protein which can be used to build muscle. You've got to put in the hard work still.

When i'm training i'll have two on training days (first thing in the morning and one straight after going to the gym) then just the morning one when i'm not going to the gym
They should only be used as a supplement to a good diet though, you should try and get as much protein through real foods as possible, then use shakes to supplement that

thanks olly
im not sure im buying them for the taste what part of Protien in a bottle sounds tasty :p

I get unflavoured whey, then add nesquick to it, just tastes like nesquik :)
Get all my supplements off of here: http://www.myprotein.co.uk/
Cheapest i've seen, all good quality, and shipping is quick and fairly cheap
Use "MP62440" to get 5% off your first order ;)

olly your a star! thankyou very much
hopefully next season il be able to though my weight around at scrum time :D

There are several topics on this, but few on here are particularly good. Go to a bodybuilding site and lookup diets for bulking. I know you're not trying to do bodybuilding, but it's the same kind of weight you're trying to put on. The guy who said it all goes to fat had no idea what he's talking about. As stated, it can be used to supplement and support a good bulking diet, but you unlikely see any change without a legit weight program and overhauled diet. Knowledge (and discipline) is power.

Forgot to mention, Optimum Nuntrition Gold Standard Chocolate is by far the best flavor I've ever had. Also, may want to look into weight gainers to go with or instead of the protein shake. Has the carbs and calories to go with the protein necessary to put on mass.

Latest posts