• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

PS2 to PC controller converter

N

neilster

Good-day all,

Just bought the above so i could play Rugby 2005 on the PC with PS2 controller - can't seem to work out how to reset the mapping so that the buttons correlate as on the Playstation - any ideas?

You can't. I was hoping to be able to do this, but sadly, EA, lazy ******** that they are, decided not to include the ability to do this. Bizarre I know.
<

what would be the best controller to buy that is most like the ps2 controller.

Originally posted by loratadine@Jun 13 2005, 08:48 PM
what would be the best controller to buy that is most like the ps2 controller.
I use a Saitek P880 Dual Analogue pad. The passing buttons are on the face of the controller, but this doesn't matter, and it is a very solid and reliable pad.

Originally posted by loratadine@Jun 13 2005, 08:57 PM
how much does it cost?
Not that much, about £20-25 I think. Could have come down in price a bit, been out a while.

I've got it!!!

Honestly...

they've come up with this awesome device that you can hook up your PS2 controller to that works perfectly for all those games and heaps cheaper than all that crap you're buying....It's user friendly and will make your games play smoother and hook up to enhancing cables etc....

It's called a PS2.

<

Meh, thats old technology. Plays much better on Xbox as well.

PS2 is quite ****.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Jun 14 2005, 09:15 PM

PS2 is quite ****.
I think he wants a controller that he doesn't have to pump iron to be able to hold in the air.

you know the ones that belong to total and utter **** xbox consoles...

bring on PS3 then.

Originally posted by Los Lover+Jun 16 2005, 03:08 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Jun 16 2005, 03:08 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-.:kaftka:.
@Jun 14 2005, 09:15 PM

PS2 is quite ****.
I think he wants a controller that he doesn't have to pump iron to be able to hold in the air.

bring on PS3 then. [/b]
And use a boomerang!
<

Besides, the keyboard on the PC is the best way to play.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Jun 15 2005, 05:40 PM
It's really not. I find it near impossible to play sports games properly using the keyboard. A decent gamepad can't be beaten for this genre.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Jun 16 2005, 06:32 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Webby @ Jun 16 2005, 06:32 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Teh Mite
@Jun 15 2005, 05:40 PM
It's really not. I find it near impossible to play sports games properly using the keyboard. A decent gamepad can't be beaten for this genre. [/b]
Get one of these...

http://www.zboard.com/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B...8413588-2563623

They make life much easier. Plus they kick the crap out of a Microsoft KB for normal use n'all.

A gamepad's cheaper though. I can't be bothered to get a new keyboard, and it doesn't help that I use the mouse left-handed, so stuff like this often doesn't make anything easier.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Jun 16 2005, 08:02 AM
A gamepad's cheaper though. I can't be bothered to get a new keyboard, and it doesn't help that I use the mouse left-handed, so stuff like this often doesn't make anything easier.
hehe im a left handed mouserer too, small world.

Just got me a ps2 to pc adapter today and although it's weird at first i'm starting to get used to the controls.

Also tried that joytokey program works fantastic just wish it could somehow support the analogue sticks fully.
what i mean is it just acts like a 8way digital pad, am I missing something?

But hey for $14 NZ i can't complain

Originally posted by Los Lover+Jun 16 2005, 03:08 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Jun 16 2005, 03:08 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-.:kaftka:.
@Jun 14 2005, 09:15 PM

PS2 is quite ****.

bring on PS3 then. [/b]
Rugby 2005 plays better with an Xbox controller.

Besides, you were telling him to play it on PS2 rather than PC.

You're crazy man!!!

use the joy2key thingy that you can download in the mod section. set the keys as appropriate (takes a little brainpower to work out what does what, i used the windows game pad console to show buttons are which numbers etc etc). it works really well actually altho im not sure if its proper analogue tho. nearly as good as ps2 controls. not quite.

Heres the set up i used, as you can see axis x and y are for left analogue and axis3 and 6 are right analogue stick which i assigned step fend bunt.
i assigned the passes A and D to [] and O because im used to xbox.
Button 9 is start on the ps2 control so i assigned esc to pause he he.
Button 12 is R3 so I obviously put alt so i can use hands in the ruck.

sorry for posting but its 2:30am and i'm bored

Latest posts