• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

ps2 v pc

do the guys that are answering, have both? i do and even with a high spec pc, i would say ps2, it plays smoother and the controls are so much better. i have tried lots of things to recreate the ps2 control system and nothing gets it quite right. the best way i found was ps2 control adaptor with the joy to key program. thats nearly as good.

it depends on your PC, but if it's geared for gaming then it's definately the way to go.

Originally posted by davidson@Apr 14 2005, 10:48 PM
do the guys that are answering, have both? i do and even with a high spec pc, i would say ps2, it plays smoother and the controls are so much better. i have tried lots of things to recreate the ps2 control system and nothing gets it quite right. the best way i found was ps2 control adaptor with the joy to key program. thats nearly as good.
I've got both, but I also have a PC controller that is almost identicall to a PS2's. Other than that though, the PC's frame rate is much crisper and so is the picture (I run it on 1280x1024).

it does run at a better frame rate and looks better, but im finding the controller really irritating on the pc, and its spoiling the game a tad. i suppose if you are starting out then yes pc as youll get used to those controls first.

I'd echo davidson's comments, I've got X box and PC, I play the PC version almost exclusively. Graphics a heck of a lot better on PC but, and it's a big but, the PC controls are difficult to master, you'll probably find yourself re-configuring the control pad . They should have made the PC controls the same as the consoles.

Sanzar, how do you get res to 1024 * 1280, I can't get better than 1024*768 ?

Originally posted by GarVanNeath@Apr 15 2005, 04:51 AM
I'd echo davidson's comments, I've got X box and PC, I play the PC version almost exclusively. Graphics a heck of a lot better on PC but, and it's a big but, the PC controls are difficult to master, you'll probably find yourself re-configuring the control pad . They should have made the PC controls the same as the consoles.

Apparently alot of people had this problem... I think LazyChesnut made a patch that fixes it, so have a look arounnd and you should find it.
Generally though, it seemed that if you had an ATI card the game wouldn't run past 1024x768, but it would go past that with an nVidia one.

Originally posted by sanzar+Apr 15 2005, 11:45 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Apr 15 2005, 11:45 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-GarVanNeath
@Apr 15 2005, 04:51 AM

Apparently alot of people had this problem... I think LazyChesnut made a patch that fixes it, so have a look arounnd and you should find it.
Generally though, it seemed that if you had an ATI card the game wouldn't run past 1024x768, but it would go past that with an nVidia one. [/b]
exactly the kind of money-burning reason why ps2 is better.......once you've soent thousands...I'm sure pc is better....

but ps2 w/ good tv and cables for 30$ leaves it for dead in too many other areas to ignore...marginally better graphics on a much smaller scale....I am only just happy with playing game on 32 inch widescreen - subtitle zoom........I;m not going smaller than that I'm afraid.

Originally posted by Los Lover+Apr 15 2005, 04:04 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Apr 15 2005, 04:04 PM)</div>
Originally posted by sanzar@Apr 15 2005, 11:45 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-GarVanNeath
@Apr 15 2005, 04:51 AM

Generally though, it seemed that if you had an ATI card the game wouldn't run past 1024x768, but it would go past that with an nVidia one.
exactly the kind of money-burning reason why ps2 is better.......once you've soent thousands...I'm sure pc is better....

but ps2 w/ good tv and cables for 30$ leaves it for dead in too many other areas to ignore...marginally better graphics on a much smaller scale....I am only just happy with playing game on 32 inch widescreen - subtitle zoom........I;m not going smaller than that I'm afraid. [/b]
That doesn't really make any sense los... The fact that a high end PC costs alot isn't the issue. Of course a PS2, or any other console for that matter, is exceedingly more cost effective than a PC, but that doesn't take away from the fact that it still looks and runs much better on PC does it?

PC using the Keyboard is the best IMHO.

Oh, and it's better on Xbox than PS2!
<

Latest posts