• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

PS3 delayed

$1000 isn't too much to ask for a console launch. Remember, the target demographic these days is 18-30 year olds.

Originally posted by TheDell@Apr 7 2006, 03:10 PM
$1000 isn't too much to ask for a console launch. Remember, the target demographic these days is 18-30 year olds.
Try explaining that to your idiotic censorship committee... What are they called?

I bought my Ps2 at launch in oz for 799. The reason they sell so many is becuse its expensive but affordable to middle class peps. Try telling your wife, girlfriend, or mum and dad that you want a Ps3 and its only 1000 to 1300 dollars. Its just too high., especially when compared to 360. Imagine you want to buy an extra controller plus a few games at launch. You could easily get close to 2000. Its a bad idea, especially considering 360 will take a price drop around the time of Ps3 release. People will just bite the bullet and get the 360 and several games and still potentially come in under a grand. It dosent matter how much better it is. People just wont spend that kind of money unless they are hardcore. I wont be getting one if its over a grand. Im not much of a businessman but this whole delay for the blue ray thingy so they can make it better but way more expensive, seems like a bad idea.

Have they confirmed that the Hard drive comes with it?

Last I heard, they were making a detatchable Hard drive like the 360. They would have to include that, otherwise Sony are complete f***tards... Especially when the 360 apparently has a few modification options. Eg. Sometime in the future you can upgrade the hardware to allow it to read HD-DVD which will hold up to 25 gig dual-layer.

I think having a hard dive is a bad idea only because someone will crack it and end up figuring out how to save the games to it and costing companies lots of $$$$ and us quality games. :angry: There has to be another way.???. But in saying this there is always going to be a way around the copy protection as long as there are hackers fiddling around with the new consoles.

Originally posted by Radman@Apr 8 2006, 01:33 AM
I think having a hard dive is a bad idea only because someone will crack it and end up figuring out how to save the games to it and costing companies lots of $$$$ and us quality games. :angry: There has to be another way.???
That's entirely untrue.

The PS2 didn't have a hard drive, but you could get a hard drive put in it along with a chip, allowing you to pirate games.

HD's that come with the system are much better than forking out for a miniature memory card at 50-60 bucks a pop....

Originally posted by kaftka+Apr 8 2006, 01:39 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Radman
@Apr 8 2006, 01:33 AM
I think having a hard dive is a bad idea only because someone will crack it and end up figuring out how to save the games to it and costing companies lots of $$$$ and us quality games. :angry:  There has to be another way.???
That's entirely untrue.

The PS2 didn't have a hard drive, but you could get a hard drive put in it along with a chip, allowing you to pirate games.

HD's that come with the system are much better than forking out for a miniature memory card at 50-60 bucks a pop.... [/b]
I like the fact that they will save dollars on memory cards but I'm just against them being able to possibly save games onto them, that's all.

Originally posted by Radman+Apr 8 2006, 02:01 AM-->
Originally posted by kaftka@Apr 8 2006, 01:39 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Radman
@Apr 8 2006, 01:33 AM
I think having a hard dive is a bad idea only because someone will crack it and end up figuring out how to save the games to it and costing companies lots of $$$$ and us quality games. :angry:  There has to be another way.???

That's entirely untrue.

HD's that come with the system are much better than forking out for a miniature memory card at 50-60 bucks a pop....
I like the fact that they will save dollars on memory cards but I'm just against them being able to possibly save games onto them, that's all. [/b]
technology will always have hackers

regardless of what means of storage a console comes with

they will always be able to pass the red tape

HD are now stock standard

u want a database that is big for storage with all media capabilities

not having a HD would do more damage than having one as a whole

memory cards are now about portability - not about storing memory as a sole purpose

Latest posts