• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ps3 or Xbox

But they cost more than a PS3, lol!
[/b]

:ph34r: errrr.............. That is...... err..... if I DO want one I meant. Yes yes, that is EXACTLY what I meant. :ph34r:

Doesn't mean I WILL get one, but then again maybe I will CA. Maybe I will..... ;)

I have never bought DVD's so BLU-RAY is not a big feature for me. I mainly download films and TV shows etc so the DVD market is not much of an issure anymore for me personally. [/b]

so do you just watch the movies/tv shows on your pc? The PS3 can comunicate with your pc and make it act like a media centre. It plays most divx/xvid codecs and you get to watch your favourite tv shows on your tv instead of having to watch them on your computer.

thats another reason why i love my ps3

Devil's Advocate time!
  • Crysis isnt heading to any console just yet. As the original game came on a DVD and not Blu Ray, I figure both consoles could handle it. Whether thats likely or not remains to be seen.
  • The 360 can also do media streaming. Infact, with it being a Microsoft application, it has inbuilt technology to automatically detect and link up with any Windows Media Center Edition equipped PC. Otherwise, I suspect the PS3 and 360 are probably the same (via network or USB drive)
  • Blu Ray loading times arent exactly up to scratch, if mandatory installations for Devil May Cry and Lost Planet are anything to go by. I know I play on consoles to skip an installation. Size isnt neccessarily better.
I'm not saying one console is better than the other, i'm merely providing some counterbalance to some comments that have been made. As long as people dont buy their consoles out of sheer brand loyalty, you'll get no complaints from me. Fanboyism is not cool. Unless its for Sega.

I've never known anyone who needs to play 500 games[/b]
... :cryy:

i remember when i was looking at getting one or the other i asked if the xbox 360 did the multimedia thing but no1 answered except for craig.

not worried though cause i am still loving my ps3 :)

Devil's Advocate time!
  • Crysis isnt heading to any console just yet. As the original game came on a DVD and not Blu Ray, I figure both consoles could handle it. Whether thats likely or not remains to be seen.
  • The 360 can also do media streaming. Infact, with it being a Microsoft application, it has inbuilt technology to automatically detect and link up with any Windows Media Center Edition equipped PC. Otherwise, I suspect the PS3 and 360 are probably the same (via network or USB drive)
  • Blu Ray loading times arent exactly up to scratch, if mandatory installations for Devil May Cry and Lost Planet are anything to go by. I know I play on consoles to skip an installation. Size isnt neccessarily better.
I'm not saying one console is better than the other, i'm merely providing some counterbalance to some comments that have been made. As long as people dont buy their consoles out of sheer brand loyalty, you'll get no complaints from me. Fanboyism is not cool. Unless its for Sega.

Some wise words there, the media streaming is a great feature I didn't expect them to include that feature just yet but happy that they have.

Along with great online multiplayer and great games, it is just a great console either for the serious gamer or a happy just about having fun family gamer.

Haven't played with either yet, although my brother recently got a 360.
And he got one because of great advertising in my opinion, since he never was a fan of Xbox, always had a thing for Playstation.
Why the avdertising? There was a contest running here in Belgium where you could enter the codes you found on coke bottles into some site to win either a game for the Xbox 360 each hour, or one 360 console each day.
He managed to win all four games (he has a system) all on a different name because of course coca cola and microsoft are kind enough to only let you win once, give everyone a fair chance and ladida, but when I asked him what he would be doing with the games without the console, I thought he'd say he'd just sell them on eBay or something, since they were still sealed and about 40-60â'¬ in stores.
Instead, he decided it wasn't worth it and just went and bought a console.
The day Playstation does that, I'll congratulate them on their tactics, but so far, I've never seen it happen.
And since I know little brother isn't the only one who just bought the console, I know it works :p

I don't know if this means that Microsoft is smarter. I hope not.

I'm planning on buying a PS3 at some distant point in time, because Final Fantasy will be released on it. Probably the dumbest reason ever.
I don't care about online playing too much, so that's not really a thing I have to take into consideration.

Playstation are losing enough money into the sinkhole as it is without giving away free games via a competition...and yes Microsoft is smarter, they invented the internets!

I have never bought DVD's so BLU-RAY is not a big feature for me. I mainly download films and TV shows etc so the DVD market is not much of an issure anymore for me personally. [/b]

so do you just watch the movies/tv shows on your pc? The PS3 can comunicate with your pc and make it act like a media centre. It plays most divx/xvid codecs and you get to watch your favourite tv shows on your tv instead of having to watch them on your computer.

thats another reason why i love my ps3 [/b]

Nope I have a hard drive connected to my TV and I have all my films on a hard drive currently holding a huge about 1000 films(no storage issues with DVD) Both PS3 and Xbox can connect with pc the difference is PS3 is built in and the 360 you have to buy an add on(typical microsoft out for the dosh)

Guys dont misunderstand me I will buy a PS3 in the future but right now the 360 online is just way ahead thats why its my choice for the time being.

Well I love my PS3 because basically I am kind of like an online gaming dummy. PS3 is online gaming for dummies. I knew that our place had broadband connected to a desktop so I realised all I needed to buy with my PS3 was a wireless modem (so I didn't have to use long wires all over the house). Sure enough.....my mate put my wireless modem on....I put my my PS3 up to our TV...and voila! The prompts on the PS3 were easy enough for me to join the internet gaming world. No need to pay for a chance to play games online.....just one two three and here I am.

I can imagine that the XBox360 is already well ahead with online gaming and stuff seeing they entered the market earlier than the PS3. However I believe that PS3 will catch up with more units being sold and more players online....therefore I bought a PS3 as an investment for the future especially considering blu ray have won the HD war.

I don't know if this means that Microsoft is smarter. I hope not.

I'm planning on buying a PS3 at some distant point in time, because Final Fantasy will be released on it. Probably the dumbest reason ever.
I don't care about online playing too much, so that's not really a thing I have to take into consideration.
[/b]

FF 4 (2 in america I think) on SNES is by far the best Final Fantasy.

Latest posts