• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

PS3

S

St Helens RLFC

FINALLY!

The PS3 is released in England tomorrow! It best be worth the wait!

I think it's going to be fantastic when we see some of the better games on their way. Nothing to be too excited about at launch but there rarely is to be honest.

Waste of money.

Just wait till Sony have to cut the price or do a good bundle with some games.

NOTE: I was in Japan when it was released and even they were saying it was gash like.

Ditto. It really doesn't warrant the price tags IMO. Still, it's got potential I suppose...

Bottom line is now the TV.

These hi end new consoles are cheap compared to the TV's required to show the true potential of the console.

HD TV's are standard now to bring out a new gen console....then you have decide on size, type (plasma, tube, LCD, rear projection), brand and price.

The TV makers will be smiling.

Anybody know about the backwards compatibility thing?

Can you play games like EA Rugby 2006, Cricket 2007 etc... can only find old games like 2004 on the list of games.

Proberbly the same as the 360, you'll need to download individual emulators for each game as and when they're released. Because Rugby won't be a high priority ***le, the emulator won't be out until around 3 days before 08 is released I'm thinking!

Proberbly the same as the 360, you'll need to download individual emularors for each game as and when they're released. Because Rugby won't be a high priority ***le, the emulator won't be out until around 3 days before 08 is released I'm thinking!
[/b]

The thing is though, the original Rugby is compatible, as is Rugby 2004, but none of the others, I don't get it?

It's making the engine compatible; Fifa 06 and Rugby 06 shared the same mechanics engine which won't work on next gen hardware.

Can you play games like EA Rugby 2006, Cricket 2007 etc... can only find old games like 2004 on the list of games. [/b]

Virtually none existant.

too expesnive imo for a blue ray player which is all I would use it for. $1000 au is just not worth it considering a 360 is around half the price and I also have a wii already.

I sold my wii after a week. It made my 360 turn gay.

Why are all their games made for stoners or japanese school girls?

i had to get one so i did, its pretty fancy i guess not that keen on the controller due to lack of vibration feedback, it feels wrong when punching someone in fight night and nope nothing, i pretty much bought it for the region free aspect for importing games instead of being a naughty little pirate aaaarrggh!!!
sorry

Can you play games like EA Rugby 2006, Cricket 2007 etc... can only find old games like 2004 on the list of games. [/b]

Sony has released a list of what games are Backward Compatible, found here.

Cricket 2007 isn't there & only showing Cricket 05, Rugby 05 & Rugby Challange that will work.

its actually pretty cool (backwards compat)i played jlr again and it was frekkin sweet, although it is only run thru emulation instead of the actual chip inside the ps3, cheap ******** didnt drop the price either

It's making the engine compatible; Fifa 06 and Rugby 06 shared the same mechanics engine which won't work on next gen hardware.
[/b]

Sony has released a list of what games are Backward Compatible, found here.

Cricket 2007 isn't there & only showing Cricket 05, Rugby 05 & Rugby Challange that will work.
[/b]

Thanks very much, that explains it.

Is there any difference in buying a Japanesse version to the PAL one? I can get one a lot cheeper.

the bluray player is not region free , just the console so if u get a jap one , you wont be able to watch PAL bluray movies

Latest posts