• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

PVC Rugby Posts?

P

punisher

My club is hosting a tournament for which we will need a bunch of cheap but sturdy posts. Does anyone have any tips for making posts out of PVC pipe (or any other method of making cheap/sturdy tournament posts).

Get some plastic downpipes and slot them together would be my guess.

That or upturn some football posts.

problem with PVC posts is if you hit the posts, even with the ball it's probably going to break I would imagine. Get a couple of tall fella's that didn't make the sides, hold a girl up horizontally between them like they do with the cheerleaders.

ALternatively take a big square piece of perspex and paint an H on it, then when kicking for goal dip the ball in some water and flour, you'd be able to see where the ball hits the sheet of perspex, drop goals would be harder and make sure nobody trys and swan dive under the "posts".

Another idea would be to find a couple of flag poles, you'll have to remove your flag because it might be seen as an act of terrorism if you kicked a ball into one of them by accident.

When you say you need a bunch of them, you know these posts don't grow on trees like bananas right :banana7: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana:

if you're handy with concrete and a welder, go get yourself some tube steel. weld up a set of posts and concrete them into the ground. then paint them white.

i'm sure you could find some tradesman in your club that are willing to have a go.

i reckon if you use pvc you'll spend more time repairing the posts than playing rugby.

problem with PVC posts is if you hit the posts, even with the ball it's probably going to break I would imagine. Get a couple of tall fella's that didn't make the sides, hold a girl up horizontally between them like they do with the cheerleaders.

ALternatively take a big square piece of perspex and paint an H on it, then when kicking for goal dip the ball in some water and flour, you'd be able to see where the ball hits the sheet of perspex, drop goals would be harder and make sure nobody trys and swan dive under the "posts".

Another idea would be to find a couple of flag poles, you'll have to remove your flag because it might be seen as an act of terrorism if you kicked a ball into one of them by accident.

When you say you need a bunch of them, you know these posts don't grow on trees like bananas right :banana7: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana:

[/b]

You, my friend, have the mind of a 10 year old. In a good way.

Latest posts