• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Q & A for Rugby 2006

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!+Jan 16 2006, 06:22 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The TRUTH!! @ Jan 16 2006, 06:22 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-sackman
@Jan 17 2006, 05:57 AM
Goodday
Locks , i would like to know firstly is their super 14 ?
and if so how will the cheetahs and the western force be rated as they are yet to be seen?????
Sean
I have not played the game but the answer to your questions are yes and yes [/b]
Woah, can you tell me my future as well.
<

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Ive seen the ai pinged a fair few times for offiside. Works really well actually.[/b]

Good news. It means my kicker will be able to get a few more 3-pointers a season in this one, rather than 1 penalty and 98 conversations.

A lot of questions being asked have either already been answered by Locksley or on HB's website.

What are the camera angles like?

Originally posted by C A Iversen@Jan 16 2006, 06:48 PM
Will you submit to a horrendous 6 month unrelenting cruel mocking (with nasty personal jibes thrown in free) from the boy's here on the forum should the game be only half as good as you say? 
<
To be fair, locksey isn't actually a rugby union fan, so his requirements on this game aren't as high as ours... so things like a random rucking system with barely any player involvment and shallow line outs and scrums won't really be a big deal for him... But they will be for a lot of rugby fans who want a rugby game with much more detail in those area's.

I dont deserve to live, please kill me and be a dear and entomb my body in the wall of the Kremlin.

Originally posted by sanzar@Jan 17 2006, 12:35 PM
like a random rucking system with barely any player involvment and shallow line outs and scrums won't really be a big deal for him...
this is why i am still getting RC2006

coz i have seen the rolling maul

i see a more complex rucking system

complexity, and total control at the breakdown is massive for me

they may say its arcady, but that after the breakdown

IMO RC2006 is the simulator at the breakdown, arcady out the backs
EA R2005 is arcady at the breakdown (ie do nothing), but simulated out the backs

to each have their own, which is why we'll need both...one will excel in multiplayer and the other will rule the single player roost

Originally posted by sanzar+Jan 17 2006, 12:35 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jan 17 2006, 12:35 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-C A Iversen
@Jan 16 2006, 06:48 PM
Will you submit to a horrendous 6 month unrelenting cruel mocking (with nasty personal jibes thrown in free) from the boy's here on the forum should the game be only half as good as you say? 
<
To be fair, locksey isn't actually a rugby union fan, so his requirements on this game aren't as high as ours... so things like a random rucking system with barely any player involvment and shallow line outs and scrums won't really be a big deal for him... But they will be for a lot of rugby fans who want a rugby game with much more detail in those area's. [/b]

Yeah I agree. Was just throwing in a joke there. Might have missed it's mark though.

Was just imagining Los Lovers reaction if it was not quite as good as it sounds.

I'm actually completely pleased by nearly all of the news from Locks.

Originally posted by C A Iversen+Jan 17 2006, 04:42 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Jan 17 2006, 04:42 PM)</div>
Originally posted by sanzar@Jan 17 2006, 12:35 PM
<

To be fair, locksey isn't actually a rugby union fan, so his requirements on this game aren't as high as ours... so things like a random rucking system with barely any player involvment and shallow line outs and scrums won't really be a big deal for him... But they will be for a lot of rugby fans who want a rugby game with much more detail in those area's.

Yeah I agree. Was just throwing in a joke there. Might have missed it's mark though.

Was just imagining Los Lovers reaction if it was not quite as good as it sounds.

I'm actually completely pleased by nearly all of the news from Locks. [/b]
From Locks' news

We are all in for the best year of rugby gaming ever

2 games - both quality..............every other year we are pulling hairs out just to find a good 5 minutes of playtime.

I am loading up EA2005 tonight..........one last blast
<

Originally posted by sanzar+Jan 17 2006, 01:35 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jan 17 2006, 01:35 PM)</div>
<
To be fair, locksey isn't actually a rugby union fan, so his requirements on this game aren't as high as ours... so things like a random rucking system with barely any player involvment and shallow line outs and scrums won't really be a big deal for him... But they will be for a lot of rugby fans who want a rugby game with much more detail in those area's. [/b]
Does the Fullback get invovled in the game more.

what are the options like - is there create a player?
can you edite existing players

Hey locks , I only have 1 question

1) Does the AI actually make diving tackles aswell , i noticed on the pc version of 2005 that the AI never ever ever ever make diving tackles , its only the stupid runin tackles u can make. I have scored endless tries where my player was like 1 meter infront of the defender , but the AI never dived to tackle him

GIMME ANSWERS

Please

you say theres 25 set plays, is that from the scrum/ruck like last time? can they be done at lineouts?

and by 25 plays, do you count one as: left to do classic, then x to pass to the full back. or count one as press left to do the classic move?

Originally posted by sambad5@Jan 18 2006, 09:38 PM
you say theres 25 set plays, is that from the scrum/ruck like last time? can they be done at lineouts?

and by 25 plays, do you count one as: left to do classic, then x to pass to the full back. or count one as press left to do the classic move?
Sorry I'm late with the review fellas, been mad busy.

Anyway, your question;

You can't do set plays at lineouts, no. There are 25 to choose from, but only 4 used at a time. You can set your set plays up before the game starts. They're better than last time too.... a lot better. And to get anywhere on World league with the medium difficulty, you really do have to use set plays and set your defence right otherwise the AI will tonk you.

I've noticed a couple of things I don't like about Rugby 06 too, they're not massive flaws, but they're annoying. Still, it's the best rugby game to date along with Rugby Challenge 2006.

On a plus note, It's the only rugby game lately (RC2006 aside) that I've wanted to play continuously in one player mode.

Originally posted by locksley@Jan 18 2006, 11:03 AM
On a plus note, It's the only rugby game lately (RC2006 aside) that I've wanted to play continuously in one player mode.
Still not expressing a preference eh? You little tease...

Sounds great though, the set plays in the official video from yesterday did look a bit better I have to say - particularly like the one where the 10 gets it back from 12 and misses behind 13's back.

I have a question too - has the passing been tweaked at all? I felt that whilst it was sound in 2005, sometimes it felt like too long to wait for a miss pass... I think double tapping works better personally. Any changes been made to the pass physics too?

is the gap in the backline between the no. 12 and no. 13 still there from Rugby 2005?

Originally posted by locksley+Jan 18 2006, 11:03 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (locksley @ Jan 18 2006, 11:03 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-sambad5
@Jan 18 2006, 09:38 PM

Sorry I'm late with the review fellas, been mad busy.

Anyway, your question;

You can't do set plays at lineouts, no. There are 25 to choose from, but only 4 used at a time. You can set your set plays up before the game starts. They're better than last time too.... a lot better. And to get anywhere on World league with the medium difficulty, you really do have to use set plays and set your defence right otherwise the AI will tonk you.

I've noticed a couple of things I don't like about Rugby 06 too, they're not massive flaws, but they're annoying. Still, it's the best rugby game to date along with Rugby Challenge 2006.

On a plus note, It's the only rugby game lately (RC2006 aside) that I've wanted to play continuously in one player mode. [/b]
Hi Locks, thanks for the update - do you know when the preview might be up?

Cheers

Is there a "drop back for kick" defence .... and if so, do the wingers simply drop back down the wing they are currently stood on this time, rather than frequently swapping to the other wing like in 2005?

hey locks..hows the feel to the game?....last years was really smooth but also sometimes you would feel as tho you would lose control of your player or that the animation would completely take over

is it more responsive this time?...

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Jan 19 2006, 01:09 AM
hey locks..hows the feel to the game?....last years was really smooth but also sometimes you would feel as tho you would lose control of your player or that the animation would completely take over

is it more responsive this time?...
Locksey has answered this before and the answer is yes - he said the animations don't interfere with responsiveness of the game like they did in rugby 2005. HB have obviously spent time adressing this.

Latest posts