• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Qa? ... For Jimmy And Sanzar

T

Trev@Swordfish

I got asked this in the thread about match timings, but then that thread got locked cos the kids were playing up.

QA is basically our testing department. Believe it or not (and some games really do challenge this claim) all ***les got through a very rigorous QA testing process prior to release. This takes months.

We had about 15 testers working on RC2006 in total for about 3 months. Having long match lengths makes that process much more difficult, particularly if you have a lot of game modes.

Ok ... erm ... that's it. Move along now ... nothing else to see here.
<

Originally posted by Trev@Swordfish@Nov 23 2005, 10:13 AM
I got asked this in the thread about match timings, but then that thread got locked cos the kids were playing up.

QA is basically our testing department. Believe it or not (and some games really do challenge this claim) all ***les got through a very rigorous QA testing process prior to release. This takes months.
like ea/hb and their testing department trev
<

I think we can all trust swordfish as they have allowed not only 1 but 2 visitis from members of the forum. match length will be forgotten I think when people play because they will be wanting to play just that one more game in career mode or just one more victory in the gp or whatever mode your in. and if shortened games mean better gameplay and other features then I am all for it.

7.5 mins a half should be a happy medium between the 5mins "too short" option and the 10mins "where's the night gone" option...

as long as the gameplay is paced correctly, so as a realistic number of score opportunities are possible in the match length, then this should not be an issue...

I just hope to God this comes out before Christmas - having to wait until February knowing this game is finished would be too cruel!

Originally posted by Trev@Swordfish@Nov 23 2005, 09:13 AM
Sorry Trev, I'm sure you agree it was best to start a new thread.

Originally posted by Trev@Swordfish@Nov 23 2005, 09:13 AM

We had about 15 testers working on RC2006 in total for about 3 months. Having long match lengths makes that process much more difficult, particularly if you have a lot of game modes.

Ok ... erm ... that's it. Move along now ... nothing else to see here.
<
Thanks Trev - I don't quite understand why the game couldn't just be tested on the short game times to save you QA resource, but still have a longer option available. I guess you have to test all game times, in which case its understandable. I wonder how companies like codemasters and sidhe do it? More budget I suppose. anyway you guys are the experts so I'll shut up now!!

Cheers

Originally posted by jimmy44@Nov 23 2005, 10:15 PM
I don't quite understand why the game couldn't just be tested on the short game times to save you QA resource
I assume it's to see how the AI etc reacts to the inevitable higher scorelines etc and also simple stuff like checking the clock doesn't do anything silly. Assume it's just one of those hoops you have to jump through! I admit sometimes it's nice to start a long game to try things out even if you know you won't finish, but I'd rather play shorter matches on a good game!

Latest posts