• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Question

E

..::ERIC::..

Is it still expected that when a post is deleted the Admin / Staff PMs the member and explains why?

Generally speaking no, as it's normally obvious why it's been deleted, but you make a good point, I had forgotten about that?

Thoughts?

Personally I appretiated it when I was PMed. I dunno, when I don't I just get a "f*** you, f*** up" feeling out of it. I like having an explanation of exactly what rules are being broken etc and why it was deleted. I understand it may take a lot of time.

Is there any way for it to be PMed automatically? Like, when you delete a post / topic, you enter a reasoning / explanation (like when you report a post) that gets sent to the people involved?

Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Jul 28 2006, 07:19 AM

Is there any way for it to be PMed automatically? Like, when you delete a post / topic, you enter a reasoning / explanation (like when you report a post) that gets sent to the people involved?
When Charlie sees it I'm sure he'll look into it. I've no doubt it's possible, although we may need to upgrade the board before we can implement something like that.

I do appreciate your point though, and that's a good suggestion to reach a conconclusion.

+ REP

Really good point Eric, I shall have to look into it, but probably wont do anything about until we decide on when we are doing the upgrade. as we would like it to go as smooth as possible, and the problem is that any of the mods we do wont be carried over with the upgrade but I agree it would be nice to know why a post has been deleted on an admin point of view as well, to monitor the performance of our staffing team, recently there has been a few negotiable threads thats I would of liked to know why certain posts were deleted...

But Great idea Eric

Latest posts