• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Quins scoop Gomarsall

B

Bullitt

gomarsall_andy_may

Premiership new boys Harlequins have signed Andy Gomarsall until the end of the season.

The World Cup winner, who has been without a club since leaving Worcester earlier this year, is set to join the struggling Quins who have lost their opening three games of the campaign.

Director of Rugby Dean Richards was optimistic that their new signing would bring valuable experience to the side.

"Andy is a very experienced player in a key position within the team," he said.

"He will have a big part to play in our Premiership campaign and will further enhance the competition of places within the squad."

The 32-year-old scrum-half scored two tries during England's pool victory over Uruguay during the 2003 World Cup campaign, although he did not feature in the final against Australia.

His last Test match appearance came almost two years ago when Australia visited Twickenham.

Gomarsall will join Quins next week and he could make his debut against EDF Energy Cup opponents Llanelli Scarlets next Sunday.

Quins will be looking to improve on their disappointing start to the season with a win against Leicester on Saturday, live on Sky Sports 2.

Panic Panic Panic Panic Panic.

What's the point signing Gomarsall when you've got the most exciting young scrum half in the country, Danny Care, on your books?

I dont think their signing for a panic reason. They do look to have a very talent young scrum half, but having some experience aint that bad you know!

While I'm sure Quins realised that this season would be hard, I don't think they expected to struggle this much so soon. One point from their first three games is not form that will keep them up, and along with losing Merhtens for a lengthy spell, Quins have snapped up the first ex-international they could find to try and steady the ship (the same international who was released by Worcester one year into a three year deal after showing no form whatsoever).

So'oialo and Care should be adequate cover.

No form? I though he and Drahm linked up together very well. He was released because of a behind the scenes falling out, not poor form.

suddenly looks like a good signing given So'oialo is injured

Now we just need Dan Carter and we're looking a comfortable ... ermm .... 3rd from bottom!!!

Latest posts