• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Quins v Bath

B

Bullitt

Amazing that nobody has mentioned this yet. Quins finally got their 1st win of the season in typically dramatic fashion, Nick Easter crashing over in the 85th minute to level the scores before Evans added the extras. Possibly the most exciting finish to a game I've seen in months.

Was everyone far too busy watching the overhyped ML men v boys on the other side to notice?

GP and English rugby is just too awful to watch. Ireland for everything I say.

Good to see the cheats beat the snorters.

Was at The Stoop, really great atmosphere considering it wasn't full and really enjoyed the match. Abendanon played well (apart from some of his postioning), Salvi played well (but took a little to much ball on), Grewcock looked good when he came on.

Hape and Carraro look like a great centre partnership and Barkley may well have to sit on the bench if these two keep it up. Little continued to look good - showed a fair bit of pace for that run through the middle.

Banahan was ineffectual until he got injured, Cuthbert looked solid but nothing more. Fa'ama played well when he came on too. Skirving had another shocker.

Think Bath really have a great chance this year even though results don't show it. Personally i believe we have the best first-choice team in the league and when James, Barkley, Browne and Watson get back and arrive respectively we can really push on in both Europe and at home.

For Quins, their front five looks in trouble still, and their lineout was nearly always sloppy until they gave it to Easter at the back (who had a great game - my man of the match). Skinner and Robshaw played well too. Care wasted possession, Evans looked good and commanding despite missing a couple of kicks. Masson was average, Tiesi played well. Monye and Strettle were there usual dangerous selves, Mike Brown is a twat.

Good game

Great result, Perfect timing before the start of the HC :)

Both sides played well, thought we deserved it overall though.

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

my dad went to the game and i usually trust his opinion...

he said Bath dominated the scrum and lineout, skinner and easter looked great in Quins' back row, and Care and Monye both looked dangerous.

I can't really get over how much Ugo Monye has improved since last year - he's gone from a Tom Varndell (quick guy who scores lots of tries) to a JP Pietersen (quick guy who scores lots of tries AND defends well, kicks well and is an all-round classy winger).

Watched this game on Sky.

Thought that the breakdown collisions and tempo of the game was considerably more intense and faster than anything I've seen in the ML this season (except for the Leinster v Munster game). Currently, there are not many teams from the ML who are going to be able to handle that type of intensity if the english teams bring that type of form.

Harlequins backrow really impressed me. Especially Skinner, he was pretty impressive. Really looking forward to the HC on the back of this game!

Latest posts