• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

R.I.P Jules Bianchi

SelimNiai

'Ark at ee mun!
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Bristol
Such a sad time for all motorsport fans. He was a driver with a long successful future ahead of him, he will be missed.

For those who don't know the story, Jules crashed into a recovery car at the Japanese GP towards the end of last season, he'd been in a coma since then and died in hospital near his parents home this morning. He drove for Marrusia (now Manor) and finished 10th in last seasons Monaco GP, his and the teams highest finish

RIP

Forza Jules #17

I hope his family now find the closure after such a sad time for them....no family should have to go through what they have with this result.

RIP Jules and condolences not only to his family but his team mates at Murussia too who seem to have been very supportive.

It looked so inoccuous when it happened. Was hoping to hear about a recovery, but sadly it didn't happen.

I was saddened to hear this today, such a talented driver. It was a horrible crash which I hope never happens again.

RIP Jules.

It looked so inoccuous when it happened. Was hoping to hear about a recovery, but sadly it didn't happen.

Jeez, I didn't think that accident looked innocuous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-g5Smc0DfM

Those car recovery cranes are modified CAT Telehandlers or Wheel Loaders - this particular one is a CAT 910E Wheel Loader with an operating weight of about 7 tons (15,700 lb). The crash turns it through nearly 45°, and that was from a glancing blow!!

Also the driver compartment) goes under the back of it - the impact on his head must have been horrific.

Last edited:
It was indeed a sad day. Condolences to all those involved

I must admit I had not seen that particular footage before and it is a lot worse from that angle.

The funeral was this morning in Nice in the Old Town.......... RIP Jules............. very very sad, and an extremely tough time for his family and friends condolences to all!!

Good tributes before and after the race today from everyone especially Vettell. Who said F1 was boring should have watched this race......

Latest posts