• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

R2K4 problem

W

Wally

I wanted to have a game (don't laugh) on my new computer, loaded it up, went to play it and just shuts itself down. Does anyone know what the problem is? It says something like you have to disable or close any anti-virus program to play, but the problem is I don't think you can disable it. Any help would be appreciated.

Originally posted by Wally@Oct 5 2004, 09:12 AM
I wanted to have a game (don't laugh) on my new computer, loaded it up, went to play it and just shuts itself down. Does anyone know what the problem is? It says something like you have to disable or close any anti-virus program to play, but the problem is I don't think you can disable it. Any help would be appreciated.
I think the PC is trying to do you a favour.... it sounds like it doesn't want garbage installed on it!
<

Lol. No worries I just had to reinstall it. How do I change my lineup? I can get into it but I don't know how to swap the players around.

Well for the PS2 version you just select one player, and then select the player you want to swap him with.

Yeah I have the PC version and there doesn't seem to be button to select the player. Obviously there is, I just don't know which one it is.

No I don't think there's a mouse. Well maybe there is, I'll check later. Also, is there a way you can pass the ball to the man next to you without it flying over his head? And why can't you run on an angle down the left of the field?

Also is there a way you can pass the ball straight to your fullback like in rugby 2001? It's the only way you'd be able to get a decent kick away.

What's 'team maintenance points' and how do you improve them? The game won't let me go to the next division because I don't have enough or something.

Team Maintenance points: These are what you need to have at the end of the season to finance the team. So say you bought Justin Marshall for 42 trade points next to it it says how many maintenance points he has. He may have 12 maintenance points, so you have to have 12 trade points left over at the end of the season to pay him. Think of it as wages.

Changing your line up (PC): (Based on original keyboard settings)

Press 's' to select the player you want to replace. Then press the down button until you land on the player you want to replace him. Press 's'. Change should be complete.

Originally posted by elliott77@Oct 23 2004, 09:28 PM
Team Maintenance points: These are what you need to have at the end of the season to finance the team. So say you bought Justin Marshall for 42 trade points next to it it says how many maintenance points he has. He may have 12 maintenance points, so you have to have 12 trade points left over at the end of the season to pay him. Think of it as wages.
I wish I knew that before I started. What a waste of a season! That Reds team was on fire. I had Rupeni, Serge Betsen, Jacob Raulini and Jonny Wilkinson ready to carve up division two.

I suppose. I couldn't be f***ed playing 22 matches all over again. What happens when you finish division 1, is there a final? Is each division harder then the previous?

Originally posted by Wally@Oct 6 2004, 10:56 AM
Also is there a way you can pass the ball straight to your fullback like in rugby 2001? It's the only way you'd be able to get a decent kick away.
practice kicking with the flyhalf.
<

You'll find that rugby 2004 sucks as far as simulating an actual rugby game goes. Kicking is so unrealistic and stuff like that its pretty crappy.

Wally if you want to resolve your problems with controls why don't you buy that ps2 joypad adaptor?
i did a great deal with it!

Great tip here,

* Go On Control Panel
* Add/Remove Programs
* Click on Rugby 2k4
* Uninstall

Then all of your problems go away!!
<

Originally posted by Badboy@Oct 25 2004, 08:42 AM
Wally if you want to resolve your problems with controls why don't you buy that ps2 joypad adaptor?
i did a great deal with it!
Just buy a Logitech Dual Action Gamepad far easier & is more or less a ps2 gamepad!

140084.jpg
<--It's got 4 Shoulder buttons too!

I've got one, they're great, except for FPS though!!

Originally posted by gjohn85@Oct 25 2004, 09:32 AM
Great tip here,

* Go On Control Panel
* Add/Remove Programs
* Click on Rugby 2k4
* Uninstall

Then all of your problems go away!!
<
<

I'll second that.

Okay guys, I'm pretty proud of this. I just beat the New Zealand All Blacks 54-10 with the Queensland Reds. I know it's amazing, you don't have to tell me. Elton Flatley 2 tries, Drew Mitchell 2 tries, Wendell Sailor 2 tries, Ben Tune 1 try (he's back baby), Loyd Johansson 1 try. Elton was spot on with 5/6 plus the addition of a drop goal. Brock James was faultless with 1/1 on the sideline. I'm very excited forum users. I think we've unearthed a new talent in Johansson.

Okay, so I was really bored today.