• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Re-introducing RL2

S

St Helens RLFC

Had a few games last night, still fairly enjoyable after a good long break.

isn't saying somethign nice about rl 2 one of those unwritten rules that you simply don't do on this forum. man have times changes or what

I actually had a go of it again after reading it (played Origin in QLD :D ) and I must admit I had a fair bit of fun with it. There are actually a lot of things that this game does very well, it just lacks the fluidity of Rugby 06 that allows for a more open style of game.

Had ball passing, off the ball player controls and the lack of movement in general from players been better...

it wud be a very good game.

Kicking is better than the EA series as u dunno exactly were its going to go and it slows down which i thought was a very useful idea (and it zooms up behind them also very cool)

Not a bad game tbh, I struggled cos I had an old p880 pad, im finally pulling my finger out and getting a p990, dual shoulder pads.. it will make it sooooo much easier! I didnt even know there was newer pads out there. Talk about being out of touch!

I picked it up on the XBOX so I can play it on my 360.

It's a lot better on PC because it's so much more customisable.

Haven't played it for a while so I'll have to dust it off and get back on the paddock :cheers:

Played a few games in a custom comp and really enjoying it :cheers:

It'll take me ages to get all the teams up to date for next season though :unsure:

Try RLFANS.com. They normally have a decent update patch. If you're playing it on PC. If not, I apologise for referring you to RLFANS.com!

Try RLFANS.com. They normally have a decent update patch. If you're playing it on PC.
If not, I apologise for referring you to RLFANS.com![/b]

Ps2 unfortunately... so I'll have to do it all myself.

I actually made my first post in ages on RLFANS yesterday :hang3:

I personally wouldn't recommend RLFANS.com because everyone on there seems to have become bored of the game. rugbyleague2.com the official forum always has new patches etc.

And is it me or is the PC version difficult to get now. I already have it, but none of my mates can find it.

It seems the game has been discontinued in many stores. However places like Ebay will have some I'm guessing.

It seems the game has been discontinued in many stores. However places like Ebay will have some I'm guessing.
[/b]

Yeah i would think Ebay would be a good idea but because you can update the pc versionthe pc version will have a longer shelf life so people are less likely to sell it. and just checked, the majority of people are selling ps2 or xbox versions but ah well.

yea me to tried to play it again but is still boring i need rugby league 3
if they ever make it.

I'm currently sitting in second place in a 12 team custom World Club Challenge. Playing as Wigan (with decreased attributes) on League God mode it's been a good hard slog... Canterbury are top and have already kicked my arse once and they are the last game in the regular round of games. I'll probably meet them in the final if I get through the semis :D

Anyone managed to get it to work on Vista 64bit? Have the CD buried somewhere, might pull it out. but vista has been a ***** for most games so far

I picked up a old xbox and a copy on the bay last week. Huge improvement on the 1st one I think. Nice suprise it see its online also, are people still playing it or shall I nto bother buying live?

Latest posts