• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Real Player Names

P

Paddy

G'day all

im more of a league fan than union and i havent kept up to date with the teams for union.

I remember for WCR someone created a full player team list so we can all edit the player with real names. I'm just wonder if anyone is working on it atm?

cheers

You can usually find team listing's if you fish out on a search engine.

I'm going through real player names for the SH teams at the min...well the SANZAR teams anyways, incl. Super 14

I think Trev said there is 25 players per squad, so I'm basing this seasons squads on that size, a fair few players culled then

... I'll need all the SH guys to quality check the lists tho, as I'm sure I'll bench someone who should be a first XV - I'm not taking into account injuries... its the best XV (and replacements) available, injuries not with standing

I'll post up what I have done 2moro if anyones interested?

i;d love to say this is worth it but without even vague likenesses i dont know if it is....

I cant believe matt giteau is not in the aus squad.
<

Originally posted by raziel_eire@Jan 30 2006, 01:07 PM
I'm going through real player names for the SH teams at the min...well the SANZAR teams anyways, incl. Super 14

I think Trev said there is 25 players per squad, so I'm basing this seasons squads on that size, a fair few players culled then

... I'll need all the SH guys to quality check the lists tho, as I'm sure I'll bench someone who should be a first XV - I'm not taking into account injuries... its the best XV (and replacements) available, injuries not with standing

I'll post up what I have done 2moro if anyones interested?
look, I'm sure we'd all appreciate and respect the efforts etc...

but the fact is...ONLY swordfish can give us a list or someone with the game...why? becos they don't use likenesses...if you come up with a squad that has a white guy's name for a black guy or something - it will fall apart yeah? they are guessing at the teams at best - as game made before super 14 started obviously....at WORST - they have just cobbled together random black, brown and white guys who are simply big in the forwards and small in the backs.

that is unforgiveable....

note that thw two favourable reviews have come from locksley and KR who are BOTH from the NH.....thus, have they played with these teams even...ever? this is a game ruiner of an average game - what does that make it but below average?

Just IMO - but hey, the game comes out very soon....and I have a gut instinct we are abiout to be left acratching our heads in the SH. f*** licenses...if it is hotchpotch and random....that is just laziness...we all know you can go close..hence PES series etc.....I mean come on!

Locksley and KR - what is it? plse spill! Plse go and find out ASAP - no one should be buying this game from the SH region until we have definitive answers.....thanks.
As consumers, it is fair to have this confirmed or denied....no one buy the game until we have. (not an order kaftka, stop huffing, I just mean that we shouldn't be willingly duped on a ahlf-arse piece of poo...if it is awesome and their are likenesses and close names and we can transpose squads etc...then so be it.....but I think we know what's coming yeah!>)

Anyone know for sure?

KR!?
Locksley?
paddyknight?

thanks
<
<

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Just IMO - but hey, the game comes out very soon....and I have a gut instinct we are abiout to be left acratching our heads in the SH. f*** licenses...if it is hotchpotch and random....that is just laziness...we all know you can go close..hence PES series etc.....I mean come on![/b]

Konami have the FIFPRO license, so they can use player names, Rugby does not have an equivalent licence.

Los, remember WCR? They had guys that look close (Tana Umaga prime example), if they don't look close this time it is because they absolutely weren't allowed to... Otherwise they'd just use faux-Tana's head again etc...

ive seen what tana umaga looks like - you can tell its him - but his face doesnt look like his.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Jan 31 2006, 12:08 AM
Los, remember WCR? They had guys that look close (Tana Umaga prime example), if they don't look close this time it is because they absolutely weren't allowed to... Otherwise they'd just use faux-Tana's head again etc...
Its either they wont allowed to or they screwed up big time

George Gregan is WHITE in the game
<

Maybe it's a sign that Georgie should retire?

I mean, Oh No!!

I think I read somewhere here that Trev were strictly forbidden from using likeneses...

Originally posted by loslover the 2nd coming@Jan 30 2006, 10:32 PM
look, I'm sure we'd all appreciate and respect the efforts etc...

but the fact is...ONLY swordfish can give us a list or someone with the game...why? becos they don't use likenesses...if you come up with a squad that has a white guy's name for a black guy or something - it will fall apart yeah? they are guessing at the teams at best - as game made before super 14 started obviously....at WORST - they have just cobbled together random black, brown and white guys who are simply big in the forwards and small in the backs.

that is unforgiveable....

note that thw two favourable reviews have come from locksley and KR who are BOTH from the NH.....thus, have they played with these teams even...ever? this is a game ruiner of an average game - what does that make it but below average?

Just IMO - but hey, the game comes out very soon....and I have a gut instinct we are abiout to be left acratching our heads in the SH. f*** licenses...if it is hotchpotch and random....that is just laziness...we all know you can go close..hence PES series etc.....I mean come on!

Locksley and KR - what is it? plse spill! Plse go and find out ASAP - no one should be buying this game from the SH region until we have definitive answers.....thanks.
As consumers, it is fair to have this confirmed or denied....no one buy the game until we have. (not an order kaftka, stop huffing, I just mean that we shouldn't be willingly duped on a ahlf-arse piece of poo...if it is awesome and their are likenesses and close names and we can transpose squads etc...then so be it.....but I think we know what's coming yeah!>)

Anyone know for sure?

KR!?
Locksley?
paddyknight?

thanks
<
<
well I was doing it for myself anyways los... so I don't really need your "appreciation and respect for the effort"...

I don't know what exactly the players for Super 14 will be like in terms of appearance... maybe they are all gonna be screwed up?
<

so be it... but if we can edit the positions of players from the start (is that possible - I dunno?) then perhaps there is a short, coloured guy for Australia who is a good passer on the bench who could be changed to Gregan and then positioned at scrum-half... or maybe none of it is possible!

... but I'm doing it anyways; its satisfying my craving for rugby until the game comes out (and 6N starts) whilst also broadening my knowledge of SH teams/players... which at the minute is poor beyond the main national teams

AND finally... I am actually thinking about modifying the game, SH and international jerseys aswell as (if possible) players (their stats & appearances)... I think it was yourself los that champions R2005 as being a good game after some editing, fair enough that was done easier from the (shite) player creator... but its of similar principle

... tho all of this is probably irrelevant as you just don't like the game
<

Okay... 25 players per squad, injuries not included - the best possible team (with my limited knowledge)

Anyone see a mistake... feel free to correct me

Here's the first few I've done:

Western Stormers

15. Werner Greeff
14. Rayno Benjamin
13. De Wet Barry (capt)
12. Jean de Villiers
11. Jonghi Nokwe

10. Peter Grant (kicker)
9. Bolla Conradie

1. JD Moller
2. Hanyani Shimange
3. Eddie Andrews
4. Ross Skeate
5. Andries Bekker
6. Luke Watson
7. Schalk Burger
8. Joe van Niekerk

Replacements:
16-HK. Schalk Brits
17-PR. Attie Winter
18-LK. Gerrie Britz
19-FL. Hendrik Gerber
20-N8. Adri Badenhorst
21-SH. Neil de Kock
22-FH. Naas Olivier
23-CT. Marius Joubert
24-WG. Joe Pietersen
25-WG. Tonderai Chavhanga

Northern Bulls

15. Johan Roets
14. Akona Ndungane
13. JP Nel
12. Wynand Olivier
11. Bryan Habana

10. Derrick Hougaard
9. Fourie du Preez

1. Jaco Engels
2. Gary Botha
3. Andries Human
4. Bakkies Botha
5. Victor Matfield (capt)
6. Danie Rossouw
7. Johan Wasserman
8. Jacques Cronjé

Replacements:
16-HK. Kobus van der Walt
17-PR. Danie Thiart
18-LK. Francois van Schouwenburg
19-FL. Tim Dlulane
20-N8. Pierre Spies
21-SH. Heini Adams
22-FH. Morné Steyn
23-CT. Dries Scholtz
24-CT. Rudi Coetzee
25-FB. Marius Delport

Central Cheetahs

15. Gaffie du Toit (kick2)
14. Eddie Fredericks
13. Alwyn Hollenbach
12. Keith Louwen
11. Vuyani Dlomo

10. Meyer Bosman (kick1)
9. Falie Oelschig

1. Os du Randt
2. Tiaan Liebenberg
3. Jannie du Plessis
4. Barend Pieterse
5. Corniel van Zyl
6. Kabamba Floors
7. Juan Smith (capt)
8. Ryno van der Merwe

Replacements:
16-HK. Trevor Leota
17-PR. Wian du Preez
18-PR. CJ van der Linde
19-LK. Ockert van Zyl
20-FL. Heinrich Stride
20-FL. Gareth Krause
21-SH. Michael Claassens (kick3)
22-FH. Willem de Waal
23-CT. Ronnie Cooke
24-WG. Sinethemba Zweni
25-FB. Chris Kruger
-----------------------

Thats all I've done so far... I've the squads for the rest of the Super14, but I've yet to narrow them down to the starting XV and overall best 25

thanks alot raziel for the teams, but ummm since the team name are fake also. Can you please put fake team names plus their real team name cos i dunno who the stormers, bulls and cheetahs are lol

cheers

Originally posted by raziel_eire@Jan 31 2006, 10:21 AM
Okay... 25 players per squad, injuries not included - the best possible team (with my limited knowledge)

Anyone see a mistake... feel free to correct me

Here's the first few I've done:

Western Stormers

15. Werner Greeff
14. Rayno Benjamin
13. De Wet Barry (capt)
12. Jean de Villiers
11. Jonghi Nokwe

10. Peter Grant (kicker)
9. Bolla Conradie

1. JD Moller
2. Hanyani Shimange
3. Eddie Andrews
4. Ross Skeate
5. Andries Bekker
6. Luke Watson
7. Schalk Burger
8. Joe van Niekerk

Replacements:
16-HK. Schalk Brits
17-PR. Attie Winter
18-LK. Gerrie Britz
19-FL. Hendrik Gerber
20-N8. Adri Badenhorst
21-SH. Neil de Kock
22-FH. Naas Olivier
23-CT. Marius Joubert
24-WG. Joe Pietersen
25-WG. Tonderai Chavhanga

Northern Bulls

15. Johan Roets
14. Akona Ndungane
13. JP Nel
12. Wynand Olivier
11. Bryan Habana

10. Derrick Hougaard
9. Fourie du Preez

1. Jaco Engels
2. Gary Botha
3. Andries Human
4. Bakkies Botha
5. Victor Matfield (capt)
6. Danie Rossouw
7. Johan Wasserman
8. Jacques Cronjé

Replacements:
16-HK. Kobus van der Walt
17-PR. Danie Thiart
18-LK. Francois van Schouwenburg
19-FL. Tim Dlulane
20-N8. Pierre Spies
21-SH. Heini Adams
22-FH. Morné Steyn
23-CT. Dries Scholtz
24-CT. Rudi Coetzee
25-FB. Marius Delport

Central Cheetahs

15. Gaffie du Toit (kick2)
14. Eddie Fredericks
13. Alwyn Hollenbach
12. Keith Louwen
11. Vuyani Dlomo

10. Meyer Bosman (kick1)
9. Falie Oelschig

1. Os du Randt
2. Tiaan Liebenberg
3. Jannie du Plessis
4. Barend Pieterse
5. Corniel van Zyl
6. Kabamba Floors
7. Juan Smith (capt)
8. Ryno van der Merwe

Replacements:
16-HK. Trevor Leota
17-PR. Wian du Preez
18-PR. CJ van der Linde
19-LK. Ockert van Zyl
20-FL. Heinrich Stride
20-FL. Gareth Krause
21-SH. Michael Claassens (kick3)
22-FH. Willem de Waal
23-CT. Ronnie Cooke
24-WG. Sinethemba Zweni
25-FB. Chris Kruger
-----------------------

Thats all I've done so far... I've the squads for the rest of the Super14, but I've yet to narrow them down to the starting XV and overall best 25
<
<
<

fine, fine...

but look at your final comment - you have already run into the problem I meant.

it's too hard for you to guess....that was kinda what I meant. Having the ga,me means you can map them one to another - that is what I meant. i.e. for the bulls you have two black wingers....what if swordfish has them as whiteys? I am NOT playing a game that thinks avoiding likenesses means you have to change the colour of their friggin skin!!! lol!! How many other white, black and brown people are there on earth!? LOL!!!!!
<
<
<
That makes no sense, stop making excuses for trev and co, they made an error of judgement as they did with the first game/installment....IMO that isn't up to scratch. A skin colour does not a person make. They made a game for the NH - they can have it.

also you say of me - 'you just don't like the game'!? I haven't played it...I am making astute judgments on what I expect, historical evidence, and what revieers and gamers are saying about the games - BOTH of them. EA06 is WAY on top. WAAAAYYYYYY on top.

I don't need to play a game with speed bar and daft button mashing and no jump.

Scenario: You are in the world cup final and you make an intercept breakaway in the last second of normal time while behind by 4 on the scoreboard to England....the clock ticks into the red...you are GONE with the immense pace of howlett - OH! but suddenly, despite this being the most important game and moment of your sporting career, you decide you are a little buggered to bother even jogging and start walking towards the try line, you get cut down, turned over and the ball gets booted out. You lose, but you know you won and that the game is utter ********.

what a waste of programming....all you pcers might be able to remove speed bar and add jump (although I seriously doubt it - good luck though) after two months of modding....but for the rest of us self-respecting consumers and gamers, I just can't see how someone with all their wits about them could go near it.

The non-licensed teams in the game have random facial features and are not based on the real players.

This was a legal requirement - and an unfortunate result of not being able to secure the licenses - as hard as the licensing group tried.

Trev, are the stats based on any kind of real players or just generalised based on the ability of the team in general? Just thinking for editing purposes! So did you have individual players in mind and if so would there be lists of those anywhere?

Originally posted by toup@Feb 3 2006, 03:03 AM
Trev, are the stats based on any kind of real players or just generalised based on the ability of the team in general? Just thinking for editing purposes! So did you have individual players in mind and if so would there be lists of those anywhere?

There were lots of legal issues in the SH after WCR shipped that I cannot talk about. For RC2006 everything had to be randomised that wasn't licensed.

The players stats are based on their positions rather than the individuals that actually play there.

The license restrictions is also the reason that real players cannot be traded in career mode. That was a shame because it would have been great - we actually thought about cutting career because of it, but left it in after much consideration.

Latest posts